Big 5 Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

1.7

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big 5 (Glendale, CA).

Interview

I was called in and asked the typical interview questions alongside my knowledge of sports. Overall it was a very normal process although I noticed some hesitancy when asked my previous wage, after that the interview was uncomfortable. The manager never made eye contact which from the start made the interview awkward but also did not distill any confidence in actually wanting the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Big 5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Big 5.

Interview

I applied online, heard back within 3 days and was called to interview in the store. The interview asked simple questions about my resume and myself. Took a quick math test(addition,subtraction). Offered job after interview.

Anonymous Employee in Rowland Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big 5 (Rowland Heights, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was not very intimidating. I talk way too much anyway and with confidence. Good speech skills are very valuable. Hiring was pretty much on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Big 5 (Vista, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Receive a phone call and go to interview at time and place specified. Show up in business causal clothing and greet the cashier at the front (common courtesy. Interviewing manager will introduce himself and ask you a serious of questions from your resumé. Then the manager will ask you other questions related to the job. The whole interview process doesn't take long (15-20 min).

Anonymous Employee in McMinnville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big 5 (McMinnville, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Very informal interview asking a few questions about my work ethic. I was out of state when I applied and they were extremely accommodating to setting up an interview. The response was fast, the communication was open/efficient, and overall the easiest interview/job process I've ever done.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

simple and painless. This was an easy interview process that anyone can handle, the only questions asked were very general and easy. I would not worry about it too much if you are nervous.

Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big 5 (Chino Hills, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very easy. Simple questions about you and what you want in the job. They hired me on spot. This was a very easy process. Dont stress over this

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Big 5 in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within a week for an in-person interview. Interview was rather informal, with boiler-plate questions, ie. Why do you want to work here? Do you have retail experience?, etc. An offer was made later that afternoon via telephone.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big 5.

Interview

I Applied online. Took about a day to get an interview, scheduled for tomorrow. Have read many reviews on here to prepare myself and I will definitely update my review to help others as it has helped me. Thank you everyone who has posted. So we shall see how it goes! Wish me luck!(:

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big 5.

Interview

Back then, you had to go in person and pick up an application. Now everything is done online. They call you back within a few days and make a date and time to go interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with sporting goods?   Answer Question