Big Brothers Big Sisters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Big Brothers Big Sisters Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.7

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters.

Interview

Met with multiple people; two rounds of interviews; good overall experience; very interested in what I had to say; interesting to meet with many people and learn various aspects of the role

Interview Questions

• Provided many scenarios of how I would handle situations   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Sent in resume and got an interview within a few days. Interviewer was very calm and friendly and explained the organization’s goals and duties and events. Asked me about my past experience and asked me what branch of the organization I would like to work in.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online, and they called me about three weeks later to do a phone screen. We then did the in person a few weeks after that.My interviewers were really personable and it felt like a conversation.

School-Based Enrollment Specialist (Philadelphia) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with Program Managers, then with Chief Program Officer. Managers were delightful; Chief Program Officer was a nightmare. Actually, nightmare puts it rather pleasantly.

After mispronouncing my name several times (without asking me how to say it), and oddly asking me where we had met before (I had never, ever met her, but she kept saying she knew me, which was awkward) she very quickly looked at my resume and bluntly said I was not a good candidate. She then strongly hinted that I was wasting her limited and precious time. Finally, after some unenthusiastic questions that she was probably required to ask, she flipped my resume over and asked "Why are you here?" in a very dismissive manner. She then abruptly left the room without shaking my hand which I had extended. Honestly, she did me a tremendous favor--that job has been reposted time and time again, and I'm certain it's because whoever did end up working under her realized what a monster she was and quickly left. I'm lucky my skills weren't wasted working for such a miserable person, no matter how good the cause of the organization.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters (Tucson, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Program Director, in this role, escentially watches over the other children in the bunket. directly supervised mentorship programs for three separate organizations. These orgs were all building on the same vision that BBBST is looking to fill--that it only takes one solid adult in a child's life to show them their value and potential in the world. This is a priceless gift and something I could have been passionate and engaged with for a long time. It's unfortunate that my rejection form letter didn't have more helpful constructive criticism to is.. as I would be putting that all into place Schroth

Interview Questions

• Background information on who I was and how I chose Tucson.   1 Answer

Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

There were two interview processes that took place on the phone and in person. The phone interview was quick and easy while the in-person interview took around 45 minutes. They just needed to know more stuff about you so they could see if you could become a big brother/big sister. They were easy questions and afterwards they decided if you were going to be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any past experience dealing with children?   Answer Question

Associate Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through email. Five days later, I got a phone call to schedule an onsite interview that week. They gave me a paper application form to fill out while you wait. Met with the director and associate director for about an hour. Asked the standard interview questions, why you want to work here, how the past working experiences will help, and what can you bring into this position etc. At the end of the interview, they gave me two sample emails from mentors and asked me to write case notes for each. The HR got back to me 16 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? How the past working experiences help you at this job? What can you bring into this position? Where do you see yourself in 3 years? If I contact your references, what do you think they will say?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Application online consisted of standard questions plus essays about what I liked about working with children and why I valued mentor relationships. Phone interview was moderate difficulty. In person interview was roundtable with my immediate supervisor, her supervisor, and an HR Rep. Was also given opportunity to talk to two people who had my current position while getting a tour of facility.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience, how I felt about working more than 40 hours/week,   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online. Was called for a phone interview and then asked to come in person for a interview as well as a presentation. Interviewed with 3 employees. Everyone was very nice but it was not a good fit. Received an email about a week later that they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult experience? Asked a lot of questions about my current position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Big Brothers Big Sisters.

Interview

Interview was personable and tailored toward my experience. I really enjoyed the questions that were asked, they were very reflective and made me realize how qualified I was for the position. I had an initial phone interview which was about 30 minutes and an in person interview which was about 45 minutes. They are very thorough, which is always a good thing.