Big Fish Games Interview Questions in Oakland, CA | Glassdoor

3.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Oakland, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me, and I had a standard phone screening with her. After that, I had a 30 minute phone call with their head of Product, where he asked me general questions about my experience.

The onsite process was fantastic- their recruiter obviously put a lot of time into structuring the interviews. First, I met with head of Product, then two of his other PMs. Each of them had a specific problem they wanted me to talk to them about. They would present me with an issue, and then asked me to walk through my thought process, challenging me and asking questions along the way. They also had me have lunch with several other employees, who talked to me about culture and got to know me personally.

The recruiter made sure I understood what was happening between each meeting, so I always felt like I knew who I was talking to.

It seems like a great company, and I was really disappointed to not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a sample dataset, and asked me to describe hat I thought was going on with it.   Answer Question

Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Oakland, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was great. I learned that several employees created their own html software. I had hoped on getting a job as an animator but they were not looking for junior animators when I asked for the informational interview. I sat face to face with one of the employees and ask her questions about BigFish studios.

Interview Questions

• I mostly ask them questions about the life in working in BigFish studios   Answer Question

Mac Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Oakland, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

This is an extremely LONG interview process; I was set up to interview from 9am-1pm. (without a break) As the HQ is in Seattle, WA I was asked to partake in 3 remote interviews, and 5 in person interviews. I was fatigued, about 2 hours into it...
    I remember interviewing with the 5th person- by this point in the interview, I was so tired of repeating myself and talking about myself that I felt defeated.
    They were very unorganized and not transparent with each other- interviewers were asking the same questions... (among different interviewers.)

The interviewer people were not the problem, they were extremely friendly and outgoing and had lovely personalities.

The problem was with how HR chose to let me know they went with another candidate- which is completely FINE.

However, after a candidate shows respect, turns their phone on airplane mode, arrives on time and EARLY- at the very least you can CALL them to let them know their strengths and weaknesses, not via a "Dear John" candid response denial email. Very rude & inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• How to troubleshoot a Mac in various ways, list them all.   1 Answer