Big Heart Pet Brands Associate Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Big Heart Pet Brands Associate Brand Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Big Heart Pet Brands

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Big Heart Pet Brands (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2007.

Interview

Del Monte Foods typically hires MBA students for their entry-level Associate Brand Manager position. In the past they have focused on developing relationships with about 10 schools (Stanford, Berkeley, USC, UCLA, Northwestern, Cornell, UVA, Indiana U, Duke, Michigan). They also recruit at the National Black MBA Career Conference every year.

If you get an interview on-campus, this is usually just a one on one behavioral interview with a Senior Brand Manager or Director in the company. They are looking for passion, leadership, ability to work well in teams, initiative to get things done, etc. My initial interview was with a Director and it was very informal.

If you get invited to the 2nd round interview process, you will be brought in around the same time of other ABM candidates and will have 3-5 interviews (30 mins each) with various people from across the Marketing organization. Typically you will be provided the names of the people beforehand, so I encourage you to research them via Linkedin/Facebook to get an idea of their background; maybe you'll have a mutual friend in common?

For these interviews, make sure you do your homework on the various brands they sell, visit a few of your local retailers to identify trends in the categories they operate in, talk to store managers or stockers to see which products fly off the shelves or even talk with consumers to ask them about their preferences to try and uncover if their needs are being met by the company's products.

You should hear back with an offer or a rejection letter within 2 weeks of your 2nd round interview. They typically give 4-8 weeks for you to decide on your offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to forecast the demand for X brand/product, how would you go about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate a little bit. I had done some extensive research on the top salaries being paid to other MBA candidates from all sorts of CPG companies across the US. I called University Career Centers and asked them to share a range of what students were getting paid. I called friends who recently accepted jobs with other CPG firms. I called on friends who worked for CPG firms and who knew the starting salaries being offered. I used this info to negotiate with my recruiter and was able to raise my base salary by a few thousand. I was also able to re-negotiate my signing bonus.

Other Interview Reviews for Big Heart Pet Brands

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Big Heart Pet Brands (San Francisco, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

This interview was through my MBA program's recruiting services. My first interview was a phone screen with an alum. I was then invited to the office for a day-long interview, which consisted of several 45 minute sessions with people at different levels within the marketing department. My last session of the day was a more casual "coffee meet up" which was more of an opportunity for me to ask questions, and presumably, for the interviewer to assess fit. The culture has a very small business feel to it, which I liked very much. Everyone was very friendly and personable, and they seem very motivated to get the organization in a forward moving direction (from a culture perspective) now that some time has passed since they moved the Pet Food division from Pittsburgh to San Fran and many of the kinks from that experience have worked themselves out (i.e., that very few marketers made the transition to the west coast).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible, but I think this is common for companies that formally recruit MBAs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Big Heart Pet Brands (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2008.

Interview

I met with three brand managers and one director. The interviews varied greatly, ranging from case interviews to behavioral interviews. I then met with the Marketing Director last, who offered me the job on the spot. I got the impression that they really needed someone.

Interview Questions

• Ho many piano tuners are there in New Zealand   1 Answer

The culture seemed a little off. There seemed to be some disagreement about what the overall strategy was.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Big Heart Pet Brands (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview with recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was asked to come on-site for an interview, which is still be scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, "Tell me about your background." "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question