Big Heart Pet Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Big Heart Pet Brands Interview Questions

2.8

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Big Heart Pet Brands (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview with recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was asked to come on-site for an interview, which is still be scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, "Tell me about your background." "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Heart Pet Brands.

Interview

Met with three different individuals at different levels. they answer all questions I asked and provided good feedback. The interview took about 4 hours and was informative as to what would be expected of me if I was hired

Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Big Heart Pet Brands (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1. Phone interview through temp agency. The rest of the steps depends on which temp agency you're hired by, but in general they're nearly identical.
    2. In person interview at temp agency
    3. In person interview at BHPB

Interview Questions

• What's one possible innovative idea you can introduce to the company?   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Heart Pet Brands (Bentonville, AR) in October 2015.

Interview

2 phone interview and 1 in person interview. The HR manager was helpful throughout the process and kept in touch after each meeting. Overall good experience. If I could do it over again I would have spent more time researching the company and learning about the company values and culture.

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Big Heart Pet Brands (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very extensive interview process.
    Team was very thorough, friendly and professional. HR recruiting manager was extremely helpful and a fantastic resource. Great group of people and very good energy. Very generous offer.

Other offer

Quality Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big Heart Pet Brands (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by their hiring agency, Medix Staffing Solutions, after I applied to a position through a job board website. They were trying to fast track the interview process because the hiring manager was preparing for maternity leave. I was brought in for a preliminary interview with the staffing company, and received a phone call the next day to schedule an interview with the hiring manager at Big Heart. My interview at Big Heart lasted about 2.5 hours, and I was able to walk around with the manager and meet some current employees and take a tour of the quality control lab. I received a call back from them about three days later saying that I was hired and I started working there the following week. So overall the process was very quick.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been asked to do something you felt was wrong, how did you react?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked with a difficult person? Describe how it worked out and were you able to work around the conflict and get to a common solution?   Answer Question

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Big Heart Pet Brands (Buffalo, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Initially found the job posting on Monster/Indeed and submitted my resume for review. A few weeks later I received a call from an HR generalist that scheduled a phone interview with a manufacturing manager which was just 3 days later. Roughly a month later I was called to do an in-plant interview with a 15 or so others where we had to fill out an applications and completed panel style interviews with production management. Interview questions concentrated on background, adaptations, availability and work scenarios.

A week later I received another phone call to come in with a few select others to participate in a plant tour and interview with HR and a production manager which focused mainly on more what if scenarios, how you handle overtime and why you should be hired among others.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were relatively confusing. It almost seemed as if all scenarios they spoke of were related only to work there. But not too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay and benefits are subject to union.agreement.

QA Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Big Heart Pet Brands in August 2014.

Interview

Antagonistic Interview. One was very nice while the other tried to pick your responses apart. Fairly basic questions. Maybe took 30 minutes. Gave a tour of the lab and introduced to other lab techs.

IT Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Big Heart Pet Brands (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Good questions. Applicable to job. Interviewed with several people. Described job that I was interviewing for so I knew what exactly to expect. Got to meet many people that gave me a good feel for the culture.

Interview Questions

• I had standard questions. What is your greatest strength? What is your greatest weakness? None of the interviewers still work there.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

You must submit your resume to the company website first. Make sure you research the brands and know your stuff. Next there will be a screening interview over the phone with HR. If you pass that, you will come in to San Francisco to meet with 4-5 managers and VPs. It would be helpful to bring examples of former work to showcase your talents.

Interview Questions

• There will be live case examples you will be expected to present. So give me a presentation on how you determine an effective promotional event etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, you can negotiate slightly. Make sure you include any vacation time you need as well as salary