Big Lots Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Big Lots Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Big Lots

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Very uncomfortable , he wasn’t very nice and expected me to be expert on all his questions. The is not all that for them to be acting like they are the best company to work for please look elsewhere is you are looking for a job in a retailer that provides discount products. Thank you for reading hope this helps with your decision

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Big Lots

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Lots (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Very professional but comfortable. My interview was with the district team lead and the store team lead. They took me through a tour of the store and gave me an idea of the company standards and what my role and responsibilities would be

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Big Lots (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I walked in and asked to speak with the store manager. He introduced himself and I introduced myself. From there we went to the office to have some peace so he could interview me. he talked with me a little over 45 minutes. The store manager had explained the job to me and then had me start the following day.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to help a customer with something that you don't have in stores?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Big Lots in August 2015.

Interview

Store Manager call me in for a person to person interview. Asked usual questions. After the 1st interview, was asked to interview again with District Manager the following week, in which I did. Was asked the usual questions by District Manager as well. The following week HR called to tell me more about the position and sent me an offer letter. After accepting offer, had to complete application on background and references to verify employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? How do you handle coaching and counseling?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received what I ask for salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Big Lots (North Hollywood, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Need to go on sheet interviews.dm are not even professional when they asking question and this dm can't even ask right question she loss my application and resume too.i have to fill another application.

Interview Questions

• What could you give me about your past job experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big Lots (Dallas, TX).

Interview

When I was wanting to change retail jobs, A girl from Columbus Ohio called me on the phone. She found my resume online. I sent her back to her manager 3 time before I agreed to an Interview. I wanted more money. As soon as we decided on a number I got an interview for Furniture manager. Got a 2nd interview and started the 3 week training soon after that. My training lasted 3 days of the 3 weeks they told me it was going to be. But I soon picked up the knowledge that I needed and added some of my own stuff in to my job description. I wrote my own schedule, hired my own team and demanded more hours for my team. I had created a good team, and bonused almost ever quarter.

Interview Questions

• There was not a difficult question, I nailed it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I sent the head hunter back 3 times to get the price I wanted.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Big Lots in August 2014.

Interview

Was contacted via phone to set up a phone interview the next day. Even though, according to the website I had the qualifications they were looking for, I was told that they could not offer me the position. Instead, they would attempt to offer me something with hourly wages and call me back, which never happened.

Interview Questions

• In depth review of previous experiences, practically to the point of dissection.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Big Lots.

Interview

Simple interview with store manager and DM. regular questions like how much volume at previous store, payroll and shrink rates. How you handle situations. etc. nothing unexpected. They run a background check that takes about a week. No drug test unless you have an accident at work and then they run an oral swab.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

promises of raises that aren't in writing and don't happen. Raises happen once a year and that's it. Promises of training that doesn't happen. Figure it out yourself or sink.

Anonymous Employee in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Lots (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

sitting out side in lawn chair and talking to DM in the cold. and being sent to an different store and the store not knowing i was coming to talk to him.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your self, what can you do for the company,   Answer Question

Negotiation

no haggling allowed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Big Lots (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Recruiters are pretty fast at responding to your application submission if your qualifications meet their requirements. I got a response in less than 2 days. After the initial phone interview I received a call from the Store Manager the next day to set up a F2F interview. The interview went well and I was waiting to hear from the DM. I got that call that evening and was interviewing with the DM within 2 days. The whole process took less than a week and a half and most companies leave you waiting at least 2wks. Unfortunately things didn't work out and I didn't get the job. However, they are very precise in what they are looking for in a candidate. Overall the experience was better than most because I received an email explaining that they were proceeding with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• I got asked if I had any experience with putting furniture together. That was unexpected but they are looking for a candidate that has experience about 90% of the products that they sell.   Answer Question