Big Lots Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2018

1.9

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steubenville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Lots (Steubenville, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Very nice, felt very comfortable, the manager was extremely pleasant, she made me feel very relaxed, very easy interview, there were no tough questions, very casual, quick and to the point

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Big Lots?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Big Lots (Hilliard, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter and scheduled a phone call with her. We talked for about an hour and had a good conversation. She quickly scheduled the next call with the hiring manager. After that, they said they'd be back to me with next steps. I reached out to the recruiter a couple times, and she always promised me an update as she was meeting with the hiring manager "soon".

Pretty much, she ghosted me. Very frustrating and disappointing, not to mention unprofessional.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Lots (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Very professional but comfortable. My interview was with the district team lead and the store team lead. They took me through a tour of the store and gave me an idea of the company standards and what my role and responsibilities would be

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Big Lots in January 2017.

Interview

Went very well. There had been a recent transfer of management so the lady who interviewed me was hiring a lot of new people. The store has a lot of fixing to do but definitely can me improved with the right people. Interview wasn't hard at all.

Interview Questions

• Why Big Lots?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you had to handle a difficult situation in the workplace.   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starts at $9/hour

Assistant Manager of Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bossier City, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Big Lots (Bossier City, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

done with the manager and done with the district manager. Nothing to special or straneous just straight forward on previous jobs and basic questions to determine how you are with customers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a past experience in which a customer was angry about something and you resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Lots (Bend, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Asked allot of personal questions, intimidating,asked me about my ethnicity and how long I've lived in the United States, asked how old I was and if I've ever been arrested or if I was a felon

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Lots (Columbus, OH).

Interview

It was conversational and quick - about 20 minutes. The interviewer went over the job description, reviewed my resume, and reviewed the copywriting sample I had submitted with the application process. They pretty much know if they'll be into your writing with the sample, so the interview is basically to meet with you and person and see if the role would be a good fit. There was some small talk here and there and a few basic questions. It was very comfortable and easy going.

Interview Questions

• What is your writing experience?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster Groves, St. Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Lots (Webster Groves, St. Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, received a call 2-3 days later for an interview. A family emergency came up, so I tried to reschedule. After 2 weeks, the hiring manager recontacted me and asked if I was still interested (Guess they still needed ppl) . The Interview it self took less than 20mins, I was hired!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude or non compliant customer?   1 Answer
    • Describe your last retail job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Lots (Kenosha, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Simple questions and answering scenarios. Talking about all of your different skills. Back ground checks. Any retail experience prior to applying for this job. Questions regarding your personality and personality behavior.

Cashier/Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big Lots (Fremont, OH).

Interview

Was a fast and easy interview went in nervous but the interviewer made you feel comfortable. Started out with the assistant manager then the main manager asked a few questions. Showed you around the store and met a few of the other employees. Went over my resume over-all a great interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just be honest on what you expect and ask questions.