Big Lots Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

1.9

Store Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Big Lots (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Great contact with corporate recruiter. Then a one on one with district team leader. A follow up with screenings and offer letter presented. Overall experience on the phone was great with field recruiter, however lacked in first impression of the store experience at that time. Conditions have improved tremendously since the first one on one interview.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Lots (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Why do you want to work for our company ,no other serious questions other then have I had retail experience in the past,no background check or drug test administered to get job although was told it could take place any time

Interview Questions

• Why I left my last place of employment   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Big Lots in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was fast and easy.Basic interview Was told I would hear something from the manager in about 2 days if I was selected for the position. I never heard anything back called the manager that following Monday and I kept getting the run arounds.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customers?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a situation either at work or home where you effectively solved a problem?   Answer Question

Area Asset Protection Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Big Lots in June 2016.

Interview

There were three interviews and informal email/ voicemail contact to verify interest in the position. The first interview was with an internal recruitor- typical interview stuff. The second was with the hiring manager- again, typical interview questions- no real curve balls. The third was with an HR person to formalize an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was I looking for in a boss?   1 Answer

The were not offering the most competitive salary. They didn't want to pay and I wasn't going to work for what they were offering. In all, it was a good decision to not pursue as I would have only stayed a short time because of the salary issue. Also, they would not match the vacation time that EVERY OTHER COMPANY was willing to do.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Lots (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and inviting. Made me feel like a part of the team. However after the interview, I was not contacted as told "no matter what the outcome". Although I was not kept as updated as I would have liked, their warm demeanor made it an overall positive experience.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Big Lots (Lynn, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick, generic, simple. Walked in asked for a job and got it. Told me too come in the following day for interview. Followed by another. One on one verbal interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Biglots   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big Lots (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Very simple and easy. Online application like most other jobs. Once called and scheduled for an interview, interviewing manager was very relaxed and non-threatening. Answered the usual interview questions and started within a week of completing the interview.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Lots.

Interview

Basically if you can breathe you can get the job--no real interview process. I could not believe how lame this process was. They obviously are short staffed and after working they you can see why

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Lots (Pocatello, ID).

Interview

Nerve wracking but the manager was nice and asked the right questions. Best thing was I was prepared and none of her questions caught me off guard. The environment was hectic and the interview seemed to be rushed. They don't care too much about your background or how you look.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Lots (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

communication is very proactive and follow-up is good. You do need to go through at least 5 rounds of interviews which seems excessive and takes about 2 weeks. Everyone you encounter raves on behalf of the culture and atmosphere of the company

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced push back from a unpopular decision, what was the outcome and how was it handled?   1 Answer