BigMachines Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BigMachines Software Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BigMachines (Deerfield, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

they took phone interview normal background questions nothing technical. Onsite interview was fairly technical. Asked coding questions and to do code review too

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BigMachines

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BigMachines in April 2012.

Interview

Don't apply there unless you want to be humiliated. This company is only for new grads not experienced people.

I didn't like their interview style. First they give you a long application to fill in every detail ( ie name of your supervisor, phone, why did you leave job, what starting salary,ending salary). I did whatever was reasonable and got email that only less than 50% get so far so now I can take the aptitude test.

Please think that 50% who don't want to complete their application are the one who are most likely already employed. Consider why a highly qualified candidate at a good company

Aptitude test was more like GRE/GMAT so this is great for a new graduate who has prepared for one of those tests to be prepared for Graduate school. I have done that 15 years ago. Of course no one takes those test without preparation.

The HR recruiter emailed me few days later after me taking the test that I should take the test. I emailed her couple of time that I have already taken the test and if she got that results. All she needed to do was respond.

here is another discovery: I had already applied at Mitratech and they asked me to the test. The test was by some third party ( don't want to name them here) however the test was exactly the same. So you might want to apply at Mitratech and take the test as practice and then come back to bigmachines.

It also tells that they don't have people qualified to do interview.

May be a good advice to them that will save time will be to post in their job description that you need to have GMAT or GRE with this much score.

Interview Questions