Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation IT Interview Questions

2.0

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (Seattle, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

The initial phone contact was positive and cheerful. The recruiter asked a set of questions related to my experience and background. There was no discussion of salary or organizational structure. She discussed the culture and my desire to work for a non-profit. I did find out the CIO was new. I made it to in-person interviews. I wasn't really impressed with the technical skill of the panel. The questions were junior. One of the senior interviewers asked me a technical question which I answered correctly. He told me I was wrong and gave me an incorrect explanation.

The manager of the group did not leave me feeling confident. He was rigid and acted kind of suspicious and threatened when I inquired about basic operational functions.

I am OK with not receiving an offer. The professional background of the people on the team is very limited and it showed in the interview. I was not surprised given the feedback from a buddy who is a tech support guy for a product they own.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Gates Foundation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in June 2009.

Interview

Interview went well however they were looking for a more "junior" person.

Interview Questions