Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 127 of over 127 interviews

Employee Referral13%
Recruiter9%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (Washington, DC)

Interview

Several rounds of interviews, including with HR, the hiring manager, team members, and a “final round” interview. The interviews were dynamic and varied, and questions/responses were thoughtful. Going through the process does take time and energy, but there was clear and helpful communication about what to expect or do at each step. Also, everyone I talked to seemed to care about the issues/work, so regardless, it was a set of good conversations. Positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me about the proudest moment in your career? How about when you had to navigate a tough situation?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Application

I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Interview

Very long (+4 month) process with multiple rounds, some taking almost 6-8 hours. It was a little off putting how they seemed relatively insensitive to the candidates own time investment in the process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Interview

I was an external candidate who interviewed for a LTE position. My interview with the hiring manager and her team went smoothly. However, another internal candidate came in at the last minute and they decided to go with that candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself and why are you interested in this role.

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in Jun 2021

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter after I submitted an online application and had a 45-minute phone interview with the recruiter. Then, I was invited for 30-minute interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Interview

I had a 7 hour interview with 8 people. It was really intense and designed to really get to the heart of the applicant. It was also very technical. During the interview I was often told that the position that I applied for was a couple positions below my current job at the time. Nevertheless, it was a great opportunity to get into the donor side of development work.

Interview Questions
  • How do you decide to solve problems when money is no longer a limiting barrier?

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in May 2021

Interview

Interviewed for six rounds before being informed that the position I applied for was being cut and will no longer be filling that position even though I was likely going to receive an offer. Great way to add insult to injury. I was also surprised with a writing exercise that I was requested to complete a week before my final interview that really threw me off guard, wished my recruiter or the hiring manager would have given me a notice early in my interview process about a 90-minute writing exercise before asking a candidate to complete a critical writing assessment over Memorial Day Weekend.

Interview Questions
  • Various questions on racial equity/DEI and technical skills.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (New York, NY)

Interview

I applied online. Received email from recruiter. Did a screening interview with recruiters. Then a series of interviews with Programs, Communication and Advocacy staff. Finished off interviews with Directors. Overall great experience. Courteous, engaging and thoughtful conversations.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Interview

The interview process was extensive, with a phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager. The final round included 4-5 rounds of interviews (group) and three 1:1s with a variety of HR team members.

Interview Questions
  • How would you apply systems knowledge thinking in this role with process improvements?

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Interview

Lengthy and subjective. It took 10 interviews and 1 months of waiting and cost me an international call (to add $ to Skype) to Seattle only to be told that my experience is too senior. The HR partner said that in the end, even though all the interview panels ( direct report, business partners, and the line manager's directorate) voted for me, the hiring manager was unsure.

Interview Questions
  • How do you measure the impact of installing toilets in remote places of Africa?

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Application

I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Interview

A few phone screens and an in-person some weeks later. The technical questions were fairly straightforward and the technical folks were very enthusiastic, but the two interviewers who asked business related questions were neither friendly nor seemed interested in being there

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 127 Interviews