Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Senior Program Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Senior Program Officer Interview Questions

2.6

Senior Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Interview

They tend to over-sell the position and hire over-qualified people, which results in disappointment and frustration afterwards. There's high leadership turnover and they are usually not forthcoming during the interview process. For Program Officer jobs, be prepared that a big percentage of your time will be spent on managing internal stakeholders and administrative matters as opposed external-facing work in the field with partners.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (Seattle, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online August 2012. Received first phone call 3 months later from hr recruiter for first screen. She spent the precious interview time to discourage me to pursue the process since I mentioned I had another opportunity coming soon. She was supposed to contact me back to answer some questions but she never followed up. I learned online I was not selected...never ha'd opportunity to discuss my interest or background. If you want to get a chance to reach the hiring manager....consider to lie on your current working status.

Interview Questions

• Not expecting to have to deal with a purely administrative question.... The interview was supposed to review my credentials and interest.... I had to deal with unprofessional hr staff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (Seattle, WA) in March 2008.

Interview

applied on line. screened by phone. invited to Seattle for full day of interviews.

Interview Questions

• there wasn't really a hard question. it was just that the day was long and it consisted of many back to back interviews. I had to be able to be fresh and repeat information about myself in each interview. hard to stay perky.   Answer Question

Negotiation

added approximately $10,000 to annual salary through negotiations, but it was challenging. needed concrete comparisons because they have a firm line about what comparable salaries look like.

Senior Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in February 2015.

Interview

All interaction with the HR staff was extremely professional and positive. The initial screening phone call lasted about 45 minutes and involved a thorough explanation of the organization and the position and then discussed my experience and goals. I was asked for specific examples of experiences that fit the profile they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment are you looking for?
      Based on what we have discussed about the skills needed for this position, what do you think your weakest areas are?
      Answer Question

Senior Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Interview

Two months after submitting my resume, I received an email on a Friday that the HR recruiter wanted to talk to me on Monday. Our 30 minute conversation lasted over an hour. Very ordinary interview with no difficult questions. He said he'd get back to me in two weeks and I was welcome to inquire via email in the meantime. I reached out at three weeks and it took him a week to respond.