Bill.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bill.com

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bill.com in October 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacting me over phone . Followed by phone interview with technical questions , series of 5 rounds of onsite interview and final interview with CTO . They treated very well and they have brand new office in good location . They have very good business model

Interview Questions

Although base salary match standards, benefits were below market standards which would take 15% from your salary . Had another better offer . It's one fastest growing company in north america . If they match benefits , i would join

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bill.com.

Interview

Easy phone interview. At the end was telling me about the next step and told me should hear back within 24 to 48 hours. Then after about 4, 5 days, I was told they want to continue interview. Before interview with them, I was warned by someone saying they are constantly interviewing like crazy.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bill.com (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Recruiter reached out to me .One round of telephonic interview . followed by the onsite interview of four hours. normally 1:1 interview with engineers, manager, hr and etc.. Coding test was also there for one hour. Turn around time was quick. Interviews are pretty easy. that's it pretty much..

Interview Questions

• tell me about your self? previous work.basic software fundamental questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bill.com (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through a referral. First call was with the recruiter followed by the hiring manager. It then followed a CodePair session. Then a four hour face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bill.com (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Applied for position. Typical silicon valley interview strategy but no lunch or lunch interview. Was also asked to build something given a picture, a laptop, and one hour. Lots of leetcode type questions. Behavioral questions as well.

Was given an offer but upon negotiations, they never responded. Ended up pursuing other offers. They're not interested in negotiating and, if anything, are going for the lowest bidder. I think if you have other offers, they lose interest. Would not recommend.

Also, they do 2 onsites. Do not recommend.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bill.com (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was just awkward. Not only did the hiring manager have employees coming up and asking him questions while we were attempting to talk, he put me on hold. Twice. I felt distracted and blown off; I did not feel the call went well, and thought that I would not make it to the next round.
    But I did. Day of the on-site, the hiring manager walks me in where the team is just leaving a conference call, introduces me and then asks his team: “Any words of advice?” “Run!” “I hope you’re wearing good walking shoes.” I note that the guy who told me to run was my second interviewer… After the obligatory tour: “Here are the organic snacks, the open air work environment, the free coffee, the ping-pong tables”… the hiring manager switches gears. So yes, the hiring manager prefers walking interviews – it gets him out from behind a desk, and allows him to get people in a much more relaxed, open dialogue. I thought it worked for me: I felt a good connection, answered all questions, addressed the one objection. Then the second interview: started off well, but quickly spiraled to a “what-makes-this-candidate-tick” interrogation. Very much good cop / bad cop. In this case, the AE interviewer latched onto why I left – not my previous company, but the one before. Two important notes you can learn from: I do note that the hiring manager’s “trusted advisor/right hand man” told me that he came from the predatory mortgage industry, where he went in to work one morning and the FBI had shut down his office. Also, when I asked the second interviewer about his work-life balance, he said there is a full balance: he never thinks about work outside the walls of the building, he never responds to email once he leaves. And we all know that this is not the true definition of work-life balance.
    So if you like a nebulous “work-life balance”, sitting around holding hands and singing Kumbaya, passing the spirit stone – while wondering why someone who cheated people out of their homes & locked them in to predatory mortgages sits in judgement, then maybe Bill.com is for you.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous employer? No, really - why did you leave your previous employer? Hey, come on - just between us guys: why did you leave your previous employer?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bill.com (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite interview. Questions were very basic. The team did not have clear idea on what kind of questions to ask. I would rather not work in such teams who do not know what role they are hiring for. No body displayed solid technical goals about the company and would never work for such confused teams.

Interview Questions

• Nothing Exciting and everything covers basic programming   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online, and got contacted by HM. He himself do the phone screen and ask to do online coding challenge question in a website. You can prepare to use that website beforehand. Then onsite with two more coding and behaviour and system questions

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bill.com (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The entire process took more than 3 weeks. The staffing agency itself took it's own sweet time & then the hiring manager was busy so the process was delayed. After about 3-4 weeks I heard back from the outside recruiter & a phone screen was scheduled. So, there was the phone screen with the hiring manager followed by an onsite interview the following week.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen was decent with some talk about my resume & a few technical questions. The onsite interview was unpleasant. First off there were 5 people all together to interview at the same time. They didn't even bother to inform me about their interview process. I was told that I would meet only the hiring manager. One particular interviewer was only interested in what I did between jobs & he was a little condescending too. I was asked to write code on the white board. During the interview it felt as though they had differences between themselves. Did not get a good vibe from anyone. The hiring manager concluded the interview with a complete lack of courtesy & nicities. I would not like to be part of such a team even if they did offer me the job.   Answer Question

Manager Position Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bill.com.

Interview

The interview process here needs lots of work. In the phone screen, they ask ridiculous questions such as why there was a gap in employment over 10 years ago. Then, they don't ask important questions such as salary expectations. For the onsite interviews, I had the distinct impression that there is no work/life balance here. It seemed like everyone is over-worked, under-paid and unhappy. The location is in the middle of nowhere off 101. Not near any lunch places. Would feel trapped there for 10-12 hours a day. Would not want to work here.

Interview Questions

• Why did you have a gap in employment 10 years ago?   1 Answer