Billabong Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Billabong Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Lutz, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Billabong (Lutz, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Didn't communicate with me at all. After I turned in my application, the manager told me to come back in a week. I did and had an interview with another associate that day. Told me they liked me for the job and my application would be passed on to the manager, and they would call me. I never got a call. Went in a week later and the manager said they would call me later in the week. Still never got a call. I moved on and applied at other stores.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Amo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Billabong (Del Amo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied in store and was given an interview date right away. The first interview was a group interview with about 6-8 other people. I then got called back for a second interview and this one was more one on one with the same manager. The questions they asked were the same basic question most retailers ask.

Retail Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Billabong in December 2014.

Interview

The overall interview was amazing! The manager was very personable but professional. The interview questions were the standard approach but also peppered in a few about the kind of employee you might possibly be. It takes about a week for them to get back to you regarding the status of employment.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation with a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is based on experience. But they do have a sliding scale.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Billabong (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

simple, typical questions of getting to know you and your history. basically just be a people person outgoing and not shy. Asked traditional questions like customer service, and what it means to you. Gave a situation and how you would handle it, what steps you would take.

Interview Questions

• what does customer service mean to you   1 Answer

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Billabong (Irvine, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very casual, 2 stage interview process. No phone interview for this entry level postion. Met with manager the 1st round, and the VP the 2nd round. Typical interview questions: How do you handle stress? Tell me how your experience makes you qualified for this position? What are your strengths/weaknesses? No oddball questions or curveballs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three adjectives you would use to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer on the table and notified the hiring manager. The decision process was ultimately sped up because I was able to leverage my other pending offer.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Billabong (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

6 Interviews, Very Professional. Entire process took 1 week

Interview Questions

• How can you make people beneath you not get mad at you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The entire process was just see how much of an outgoing individual you are. Like asking you about your life and completely outlandish questions about your favorite pizza toppings and why and request to sing them the "happy birthday" song. It was fantastic and a good way to steer away those that wont necessarily be the best on the sales floor in a sea of customers.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about cookie dough ice cream?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Billabong (Orlando, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied in stores and was called about a week later. I went in and had an interview with one of the managers, which consisted about talking about what was challenging about your previous jobs, your personal traits, and why you want to work at Billabong. He told me there would be a set of two interviews and that he would call me if I had a second interview. I received a call later that night telling me for a second interview two days later. I went in and this one was more difficult, they basically asked me the same question over and over again reworded differently that made the situation difficult. She told me she would call if I got the job and unfortunately never got a call.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Billabong (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Pretty quick and easy. I was interviewed by both managers and hired on the spot. Then I had to wait for a background check to be completed and was informed I was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would sell a shirt to someone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very short and to the point. I was able to negotiate more than they were offering, but I still was not making enough to warrant the amount of work I did.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Billabong (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

It seemed to be your typical interview. However, not very extensive (not to expected with this position anyhow). The questions they ask and conversation that takes place I felt gave a false sense of interest in the individual.

Interview Questions

• How could I use psychology in this work environment?   1 Answer