Billabong Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.4

Art Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hood River, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Billabong (Hood River, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

Never given one,told I wasn't qualified without being given a chance to show my portfolio or given a pathway to what I needed to become qualified.The manager I asked was very snotty about the whole thing,talking down to me because they assumed I was a mindless grunt,not even taking 5 minutes to check out my skillset or background or web portfolio,much of which had been making me a solid income online in my spare time.The person they hired was fresh out of art school and had no work ethic and really didn't have the talent to ever fulfill the work load,quit after a few short months.

Interview Questions

• did I have a 4 year art degree   1 Answer

Merchandise Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Billabong (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process was moderate. I was introduced to the employer to through a recruitment agency in Singapore. I went through 3 rounds of interview before I was made the final offer.

Interview Questions

• Merchandise management questions: Sell Through, GMROI, ROI, Sales to inventory ratio, etc
      Some behavioral questions - my management style, achievement that I am most proud of
      Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Billabong (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The sales manager conducted the interview and while she was very pleasant, did not ask me too many questions. She asked me about my overall experience working as an executive Assistant, and was curious as to periods of time when I was not employed full-time. I explained why and she seemed pleased. I really thought I would be hired!

Interview Questions

• If I had any questions about the position.   1 Answer

Digital Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Billabong in October 2013.

Interview

got an interview with the marketing manager.. got through the first round and then had an interview with the brand manager. it was basic but make sure to prepare well the basic questions an interviewer asks such as tell us about yourself, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Billabong (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

simple, typical questions of getting to know you and your history. basically just be a people person outgoing and not shy. Asked traditional questions like customer service, and what it means to you. Gave a situation and how you would handle it, what steps you would take.

Interview Questions

• what does customer service mean to you   1 Answer

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Billabong (Irvine, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very casual, 2 stage interview process. No phone interview for this entry level postion. Met with manager the 1st round, and the VP the 2nd round. Typical interview questions: How do you handle stress? Tell me how your experience makes you qualified for this position? What are your strengths/weaknesses? No oddball questions or curveballs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three adjectives you would use to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer on the table and notified the hiring manager. The decision process was ultimately sped up because I was able to leverage my other pending offer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Billabong (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied via Seek and got called the next week, offered an interview for 2 days later. Interview went for roughly 15 minutes and included generic "about you" questions, as well as questions relevant to the company and working requirements. Dealing with customers and how you would make sales was also included.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if a customer didn't suit an item but asked for your opinion?"   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Billabong (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

6 Interviews, Very Professional. Entire process took 1 week

Interview Questions

• How can you make people beneath you not get mad at you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Billabong (Orlando, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied in stores and was called about a week later. I went in and had an interview with one of the managers, which consisted about talking about what was challenging about your previous jobs, your personal traits, and why you want to work at Billabong. He told me there would be a set of two interviews and that he would call me if I had a second interview. I received a call later that night telling me for a second interview two days later. I went in and this one was more difficult, they basically asked me the same question over and over again reworded differently that made the situation difficult. She told me she would call if I got the job and unfortunately never got a call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Billabong (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Very brief, the manager took my resume and spoke with me very quickly about the job and then asked questions based on my resume about my past experiences. Since I had very little experience I couldn't offer much.