Binder and Binder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Binder and Binder

2.1

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Binder and Binder (Long Is City, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

One on one. One round. Typical setting in office. Brief overview of job after questions and an opportunity to ask more questions. Average type of interview. Interviewer played poker face well.

Interview Questions

• Drafting experiences, experiences working in a fast pace environment. Ability to handle steep learning curves. Ability to meet deadlines for trial hearings.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Binder and Binder (Hauppauge, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

they called, I went in. Had an interview and was called later. No background check or drug tests, which I found to be VERY odd

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Binder and Binder (Hauppauge, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the same day for an interview. I was told the same day that I was hired and scheduled for training. Within the first two weeks, if they think you don't understand the material, they will fire you.

Interview Questions

• The interview is just a formality, they hire anyone and everyone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no pay negotiation, so don't even question it. If you're looking for advancement, this is NOT the place to be.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Binder and Binder (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with the senior attorney, who asked about my experience, interests, and degree. There was one uncomfortable moment where I accidentally answered a question awkwardly, but mostly it went okay. There was just an easy conversation - my first out of college, to be honest - and I got a job offer the next day, which I took. This was during the recession so any job offer was awesome.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to go to law school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Binder and Binder (Phila, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

2 rounds, in person with manager at local office, then over the phone with their manager at central office. After applying, sent follow up email, then got the interview. Direct manager was warm, supportive, inspiring and positive. Top manager was a bit more intimidating and bloodless, but overall it was relatively efficient and painless process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with clients facing disability cases?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Binder and Binder (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the Southern California managing attorney for the position of writer. Requirements were a bachelor's degree and a writing sample. The interview was pleasant. I asked how far I could go in the company and was told that if I qualified to become a non-attorney representative in about a year, "the sky is the limit." I was offered the job by phone approximately 2 weeks later. I was told that the salary range was between $26,000 and $36,000. I said in that case I'll take the $36K. I was trained and passed the exam as non-attorney representative within my first year. I received a $2500 raise for passing the exam. By the end of my employment, I was earning $45,000 a year (before taxes) with no raises in the last 4 years despite an excellent win rate.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience regarding Social Security Disability programs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Binder and Binder (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview was more of an orientation than anything else. If you are there it is because they know you have a college degree and are kind of desperate for a job. So basically they tell you what the job entails and how much it pays, and you can accept the offer or not. There is no negotiation. They do not care if you have higher credentials than the next applicant.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work for $24,000.00 per year?   1 Answer

Mailroom Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Binder and Binder (Bronx, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Just usual questions. Nothing really special. Applied online, got a call, then went in for the interview. Got the job and started working my fingers to the bone. I rather not really talk about it

Attorney Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Binder and Binder (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

One on one interview using typical, non-behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Junior Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Binder and Binder (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Polite, asked a series of basic questions regarding qualifications regarding resume. I had a referral so it was an easy process, and softball questions were thrown my way. Ultimately, it was a standard interview - basic questions on educational background, the position is writing intensive - therefore, expect questions on your ability to write and also your ability to communicate effectively.

Interview Questions

• What prior experience do you have working and what do you know about the SSA?   Answer Question