Binder and Binder Legal Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Binder and Binder Legal Writer Interview Questions

Interviews at Binder and Binder

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Binder and Binder (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with the senior attorney, who asked about my experience, interests, and degree. There was one uncomfortable moment where I accidentally answered a question awkwardly, but mostly it went okay. There was just an easy conversation - my first out of college, to be honest - and I got a job offer the next day, which I took. This was during the recession so any job offer was awesome.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to go to law school?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Binder and Binder

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Binder and Binder (Phila, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

2 rounds, in person with manager at local office, then over the phone with their manager at central office. After applying, sent follow up email, then got the interview. Direct manager was warm, supportive, inspiring and positive. Top manager was a bit more intimidating and bloodless, but overall it was relatively efficient and painless process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with clients facing disability cases?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Binder and Binder (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the Southern California managing attorney for the position of writer. Requirements were a bachelor's degree and a writing sample. The interview was pleasant. I asked how far I could go in the company and was told that if I qualified to become a non-attorney representative in about a year, "the sky is the limit." I was offered the job by phone approximately 2 weeks later. I was told that the salary range was between $26,000 and $36,000. I said in that case I'll take the $36K. I was trained and passed the exam as non-attorney representative within my first year. I received a $2500 raise for passing the exam. By the end of my employment, I was earning $45,000 a year (before taxes) with no raises in the last 4 years despite an excellent win rate.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience regarding Social Security Disability programs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Binder and Binder (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview was more of an orientation than anything else. If you are there it is because they know you have a college degree and are kind of desperate for a job. So basically they tell you what the job entails and how much it pays, and you can accept the offer or not. There is no negotiation. They do not care if you have higher credentials than the next applicant.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work for $24,000.00 per year?   1 Answer