Bio-Rad Laboratories Field Applications Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Field Applications Specialist

Bio-Rad Laboratories Field Applications Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Bio-Rad Laboratories

4.0

Field Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interviewer from the company sent me an e-mail the same morning (8:00 am) , asking if he could contact me by phone. I replied the mail, answering that I was available for a call from 1pm to 6:00pm, and I asked him to tell me in advance if he was going to call me.
He did not reply, so I was not sure if he was going to contact me or not. At 3:30 pm I received his call. And he was not from HR, but a manager. The first thing he asked disoriented me a bit:"How is that your resume arrived to me?" And I just replied: "well, probably because I applied for the position..." (which for me was kind of obvious...). At that point I did not understand the question. Maybe I should have pass a previous interview with HR? Then he said me that he did not have much time, and that we were gonna do a fast interview. And that made me more nervous. First, he called me without giving me the time to prepare the interview a little bit, and then he told me that he was in a hurry... Nevertheless, I agreed. Maybe I should have told him to call me other day. The position announced a 40 % travel time, that during the interview came up to 65%. And then, he started to ask specific technical questions, that if you do not prepare, it is sure you are not going to answer properly. It was not that I did not know the techniques, it was a lack of preparation.
By the end, I knew already that the position was not for me; what I did not understand was why he called me in the first place with the hurry... probably they had too many candidates

Interview Questions

• very specific technical questions with examples, like:
    what are your controls in a qPCR experiment? what is the threshold of your genes? Which parameters will you choose to design Taq Man probes? Tell me about your experience with melting curves. Tell me about your experience with digital PCR.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bio-Rad Laboratories

Applicant Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montréal-Ouest, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Montréal-Ouest, QC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

The manager explained to me what are the field specialist's tasks in her team. She also gave more details about the needs her team had regarding that new position.
    Then she allowed me to develop about how my skills and my experience would meet her team's needs.
    She also took the time to get more information about the techniques I stated that I master.

Interview Questions

• my experience about techniques of immunoassay   1 Answer