Bio-Rad Laboratories Technical Support Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bio-Rad Laboratories Technical Support Representative Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager took about 30-45 min. Was called back for an on site interview the following week. On site interview took about 2 hours, met with hiring manager (from phone screen), manager from an adjacent dept, and a woman from HR. Hiring manager asked me many questions regarding statistical analysis. He also asked what I wanted to do "when I grow up," which seemed somewhat condescending. The other manager was very friendly and spoke as if I had already gotten the job. The woman from HR was friendly enough, but appeared doubtful about my potential employment.

Overall, it was an average experience as far as interviewing went. I was, however, disappointed in the lack of professionalism they showed following the interview. I was told I would hear back by the end of the following week and did not. I followed up with a voicemail and email, and did not receive a response. I don't think a short email back is too much to ask considering the amount of time they (and I) spent discussing this position.

Interview Questions

• All questions related to stats: basic stuff (mean, median, SD) to CV (coefficient of variation) and Gaussian distribution (bell curve) and other concepts   Answer Question
  • What is EQAS?   Answer Question
  • How do you handle a customer complaint?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bio-Rad Laboratories

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories.

Interview

There were 2 steps: phone interview and all day on-site interview. Phone interview was brief, they need to know if you can troubleshoot and if you can work in a team environment to help customers. The on-site interview is all day, meeting with all the members of the specific tech support group and management.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle difficult customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

Thorough fair and informative

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering this position   1 Answer
    • What is your best/worst trait?   1 Answer

Different job goals

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bio-Rad Laboratories in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online for the position and was contacted a few days later. A telephone interview was scheduled for a few days later. I was interviewed by one person for approximately 45 minutes. I was questioned regarding my previous employment and experience. I was verbally quizzed about laboratory procedures and quality control.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you have encountered and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question