Bio-Reference Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.4

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmwood Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bio-Reference Labs (Elmwood Park, NJ).

Interview

Phone screen, Panel interview was pretty easy i took a typing test and a small quiz they asked basic interview questions. After the interview they make you an offer, Drug screen, background check and Orientation. The whole process took about a week and a half.

Specimen Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bio-Reference Labs (Campbell, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and very standard one on one. HR and management also gave me a tour of the facilities and introduced me to the key people who worked here which was nice. I was also given a simple must-pass typing test.

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metuchen, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bio-Reference Labs (Metuchen, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was at one of many locations I can't express any more words at this time but it was a comfortable environment. Again can't express in words it was direct

Interview Questions

• How long have you been doing phlebotomy   2 Answers

Phlebotomy Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmwood Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bio-Reference Labs (Elmwood Park, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 managers in a conference room setting. One of them was actually my manager. The interview went well although I was nervous, I felt myself stumbling over my words. I wanted to be swift with my responds but I tended to be hesitant with my answers as they were asking me questions. I think if I wasn't so nervous, maybe they would've have chosen me.

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bio-Reference Labs (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

You are asked to talk about yourself, why do you apply for the job? What are expectations? What kind of salary are you expecting? Your past job experience? And at the end they ask you if you have any questions.You are asked to talk about yourself, why do you apply for the job? What are expectations? What kind of salary are you expecting? Your past job experience? And at the end they ask you if you have any questions.You are asked to talk about yourself, why do you apply for the job? What are expectations? What kind of salary are you expecting? Your past job experience?

LIS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmwood Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bio-Reference Labs (Elmwood Park, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

It was fun. I received challenging questions to solve first. I had my interview with 2 people and then got a tour. It ended up being 2 hours. It depends on what you are applying for. I was disappointed I did not get the job.

Specimen Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmwood Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bio-Reference Labs (Elmwood Park, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Easy and enlightening. The Night Supervisor was very detailed in her information about the job and the facility. She made you feel comfortable from beginning to end. The staff in whole seemed nice. They were all diligently working and could only stop for a second to say hello. All in all it is an interesting place to work.

Mobile Phlebotomiost Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bio-Reference Labs.

Interview

I interviewed before Bio-Reference bought the company out. It was still Florida Clinical Labs, but the transition was not that bad. They did provide training on their completely new system. They even had people come from the main site in New Jersey to come train a few of us in depth so that we could train others. The only downside is that before Bio bought us we were phlebs and processors and after Bio ought us and the whole transition took place, the hours were cut and more processors were bought in. OT became non existent.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you would be a good fit for this company?   1 Answer

Womens Health Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bio-Reference Labs (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

applied online, phone screen, phone interview with hiring mgr, face to face local with Two managers, ride along in two different cities then got green light to fly to new york meet with top 3 execs in company and get their approval or denial.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was extremely frustrated by the fact that you had to get through all those steps they required, turn in notice and resign your current job, report to New York for orientation and then they have you drug test, sign employee offer etc. If you had been slipped something or if the old wives tail about poppy seeds were true you would be unemployed and out of luck. Additionally, they made me not only report all my medications but take pictures of the bottles and send them in. That is a HIPPA violation in ten different ways. They can not ask you to tell them exactly what you take, quantity, the prescribing physicians, RX #, the Indication for which you take the product and if you get refills.
    For instance, lets say I take IDK, testosterone because I am diabetic. I would never report the diabetes medication on the drug screen, I would only report the Testosterone. They then would request that you take pic of the bottle and pharmacy label and send that in to them. They would never know that I may need that because I am diabetic, they would only see that I am roiding it up and could choose not to hire me for it. Or best case they call and I have to explain why I take it.
    This is a violation of personal health information at best and potentially a law suit if they do not hire someone because of what they learn. The scenario I painted is a very realistic one and the person would have already lost their job, not gotten the BIORef job and all because they are not fully developed as an organization from a H.R. standpoint. they are; too large to be that ridiculous.

Gene DX Billing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bio-Reference Labs.

Interview

It was horrible. Having been interviewed by someone with no medical billing knowledge was a joke. My time was wasted which was a huge let down. Lastly was the insult of the pay.

Interview Questions

• They all were difficult because she had no clue what I was talking about   Answer Question