BioMarin Pharmaceutical Interview Questions in Novato, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.7

QA Automaton Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview started out with a typical phone screen from HR and a phone interview with the hiring manager. I flew out to Novato from the East Coast for an all-day interview. The hiring manager was not at the interview. I asked HR if I could connect with the hiring manager via Skype after the interview but that request must've fallen on deaf ears. Most of the interviewers were nice and they asked a combination of technical and behavior-based questions. One of the interviewers, who would've been my future co-worker, was extremely rude (folding my resume as I talked, faking an interest in what I was saying, not accepting alternative view points or ways of doing things). As usual, no follow up from HR despite the fact I reached out to them after the interview. Not impressed. Even if offered the position, I would've rejected it. Complete waste of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I found out about this opportunity through a staffing agency. Phone screening followed by an in-person with four different managers. Everything took quite a long time and they didn't reject me until three weeks after my in person interview. Nothing was too difficult and I was shocked I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer

Mfg Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA).

Interview

Met with 4 teams of two, panel interview. Process took about 3 hours and I met with supervisors of the different teams with open positions. Very friendly and approachable individuals who expressed a firm value for teamwork and a family-like work culture

Interview Questions

• Picked apart my resume, asked about experience, lots of behavioral question. Ex: what would you do if you noticed someone deviating from protocol   Answer Question

BioMarin Pharmaceutical Response

Apr 13, 2016 – Manager, Global Talent Operations

Thank you so much for your feedback! We work very hard to make sure our interview process is as streamlined as possible while insuring we ask the right questions to identify top talent, and more ... More

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a short phone interview! The interviewer was very easy to talk to and made the conversation easy. It lasted for about 30 minutes and focused mostly on past experiences and ability to communicate thoughts and ideas well.

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager then a couple weeks later he brought me in for face interview. It was a whole day interview with multiple individual from the team and the HR rep.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions, if you know your domain you will be fine. Just make sure to really know and understand all what is written in your resume   Answer Question

Research Associate I, Molecular Biology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Arrived early to get an visitor pass and waited for one of my interviewers to come get me. Sat down with 2 researchers who would be my mentors/colleagues then a final run through of the position with the boss. Asked me to introduce myself and then they started asking questions.

Interview Questions

• I see you've worked here... Tell me more about it.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview began at 1400, ended roughly around 1630, and consisted of 5 interview rounds with different panel members. Each round lasted approximately 30 minutes. After introductions, I was prompted to walk the interviewer(s) through my resume. Depending on if they had further questions, the flow then gravitated towards situational type questions. Very few technical questions were asked since I had no real work experience in the Biotech field yet (recent graduate). When technical questions were asked, they centered on my program and my experiences with certain procedures or pieces of equipment. After the interviewer(s) asked their round of questions, each round ended with them welcoming me to ask any questions. Overall, the experience was good. Everybody was nice, easy to talk to, seemed very passionate about their job and loved working for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BioMarin? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Describe a time when you had a disagreement with someone. How do you deal with stress?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Was connected to them by a recruiter, the whole process took about two weeks. Did a 10 min. phone screen followed by an invitation to an on-site interview. The interview was about 3 hours with five different groups of managers. Super relaxed, friendly and easy-going people. Just discussed resume, experience and some typical behavioral questions. Got offered the job a week later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult team member   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA).

Interview

Multiple individual interviews with potential colleagues and senior management. People were affable. Seemed like they wanted capable workers who would fit in, not an exact fit for the job description. I liked everyone I met.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had my resume submitted to the company. A couple of days later
    I was told I had a phone interview.In the phone interview, the person I was to report to on the job asked me some questions and told me they would contact me within the next two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a little about yourself.

What would you do if work became to stressful?

What is your greatest weakness?

Do you have experience troubleshooting or developing an assay?
      Answer Question