BioMarin Pharmaceutical Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.7

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Interview

Candid and low key. They were nice and explained the process and job thoroughly. The hiring manager was particularly insightful. It seems like a good company to work for and I hope I get a face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online in the year of 2016. Got replied in January. I was expected to have a 30 min interview but it is actually a 15 min phone interview. The interviewer is kind and friendly. It's a pleasure to have a conversation with him.

QA Automaton Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview started out with a typical phone screen from HR and a phone interview with the hiring manager. I flew out to Novato from the East Coast for an all-day interview. The hiring manager was not at the interview. I asked HR if I could connect with the hiring manager via Skype after the interview but that request must've fallen on deaf ears. Most of the interviewers were nice and they asked a combination of technical and behavior-based questions. One of the interviewers, who would've been my future co-worker, was extremely rude (folding my resume as I talked, faking an interest in what I was saying, not accepting alternative view points or ways of doing things). As usual, no follow up from HR despite the fact I reached out to them after the interview. Not impressed. Even if offered the position, I would've rejected it. Complete waste of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the company's website. After about a week, they called me back and wanted to set up a phone screening. They provided me with a date and time for my screening. The date and time came and I didn't receive a call. I called them to find out what the situation was and they told me to await a call back. Several days later I received a call on a Sunday afternoon to do my phone interview on the spot. It ended with them telling me I'd receive a call back for an in person interview. That call back never occurred. I'm pretty sure their HR department is a mess.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation in which a co-worker disagreed with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was relatively easy and straightforward, interviewed three weeks after a phone screening. Three sets of interviewers asking behavioral and technical questions. Everyone was friendly and polite, and very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Name a mistake you've made and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I found out about this opportunity through a staffing agency. Phone screening followed by an in-person with four different managers. Everything took quite a long time and they didn't reject me until three weeks after my in person interview. Nothing was too difficult and I was shocked I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Rafael, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied this position through a staffing agency. It was a 1:1 interview. My interview date got rescheduled due to my cell phone went out of battery, the staffing agency representative was unable to reach me until the early morning of the scheduled interview date. But this had put me into disadvantage. The person who interviewed me was the supervisor of the Operations team. When I finally met him at on a rescheduled date, he didn't ask me any technical question, nor did he ask me any standard questions. He didn't even ask me to introduce myself. He just shared some of his life stories, and told me he used to had 15 careers before starting at BioMarin. To me, it sounded like he already had someone in mind that he was going to hire and I was the last person to be interviewed. He shared his stories with me just so I will not have negative feelings about the result.

Na Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Rafael, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

My phone interview was on Tuesday and I was invited for a 1:1 interview on Thursday. The interviewing manager and his team was very nice. Most questions were about my background and experience in research industry. What I liked about my interview is that this was an authentic interview. It wasn't like question printed off the google. You know what I am talking about. The psychological profiler administered by a non-psychologist. I thank you BioMarin Team to make me feel comfortable during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about my experience. They wanted to know about my daily tasks with the previous company. Many questions were based on FDA regulations, US and international audit process. What software I have used in the past.   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Medical Affairs Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Rafael, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

After two phone interviews (one with HR and one with hiring manager), I interviewed with nine individuals from various departments within the company. Representatives inclluded members of the legal, Medical Affairs, communications, IT and procurement teams. All were in person interviews with the exception on one, which was a call in interview from a representative on the East Coast.

Interview Questions

• Most creative: If you were a kitchen utensil, which one would you be?   1 Answer

Mfg Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA).

Interview

Met with 4 teams of two, panel interview. Process took about 3 hours and I met with supervisors of the different teams with open positions. Very friendly and approachable individuals who expressed a firm value for teamwork and a family-like work culture

Interview Questions

• Picked apart my resume, asked about experience, lots of behavioral question. Ex: what would you do if you noticed someone deviating from protocol   Answer Question

BioMarin Pharmaceutical Response

Apr 13, 2016 – Manager, Global Talent Operations

Thank you so much for your feedback! We work very hard to make sure our interview process is as streamlined as possible while insuring we ask the right questions to identify top talent, and more ... More