BioMarin Pharmaceutical Interview Questions in San Rafael, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.4

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Rafael, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied this position through a staffing agency. It was a 1:1 interview. My interview date got rescheduled due to my cell phone went out of battery, the staffing agency representative was unable to reach me until the early morning of the scheduled interview date. But this had put me into disadvantage. The person who interviewed me was the supervisor of the Operations team. When I finally met him at on a rescheduled date, he didn't ask me any technical question, nor did he ask me any standard questions. He didn't even ask me to introduce myself. He just shared some of his life stories, and told me he used to had 15 careers before starting at BioMarin. To me, it sounded like he already had someone in mind that he was going to hire and I was the last person to be interviewed. He shared his stories with me just so I will not have negative feelings about the result.

Na Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Rafael, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

My phone interview was on Tuesday and I was invited for a 1:1 interview on Thursday. The interviewing manager and his team was very nice. Most questions were about my background and experience in research industry. What I liked about my interview is that this was an authentic interview. It wasn't like question printed off the google. You know what I am talking about. The psychological profiler administered by a non-psychologist. I thank you BioMarin Team to make me feel comfortable during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about my experience. They wanted to know about my daily tasks with the previous company. Many questions were based on FDA regulations, US and international audit process. What software I have used in the past.   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Medical Affairs Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Rafael, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

After two phone interviews (one with HR and one with hiring manager), I interviewed with nine individuals from various departments within the company. Representatives inclluded members of the legal, Medical Affairs, communications, IT and procurement teams. All were in person interviews with the exception on one, which was a call in interview from a representative on the East Coast.

Interview Questions

• Most creative: If you were a kitchen utensil, which one would you be?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Rafael, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then I had a quick screening with the hiring manager over the phone. Finally they scheduled an interview with the team. In one day I had 5 interviews. They asked me about my previous experience and why I wanted the position I applied for. The interviews were great!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Rafael, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called by the recruiter. After our phone interview, she set up another phone interview for the following week with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked good questions and wanted examples of how I did projections. He said he'd let me know in 2-3 days. When I hadn't heard after three days, I followed up with the recruiter who then told me the manager wanted me to come in for an all day interview with a 45 minute presentation. That was planned for two weeks out. I had to confirm with the recruiter to find out about the tech set up. On the day of, I was given a revised interview schedule. Don't know why that couldn't have been emailed to me, it would have been better communication. The people I met at the interview were all very nice. They asked good questions and seemed very interested in me. A week later I checked with HR, and got no response. I followed up again the following week, still no response. On the third week when I told them I had another offer, they finally told me they were going with someone else. I was pretty disappointed in the HR communication. I spent a whole day, and prepared a presentation, I don't think it's too much to ask for a quick email or phone call to tell me what is going on. If you get an interview. Make sure to ask how they will follow up and what to expect. I was trying to be easy going, but I sure felt like the fool.

To clarify my rating of the interview, it was not difficult because of the questions, it was difficult because I interviewed all day and prepared and practiced a 45 minute presentation, so it was a huge time investment.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Rafael, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called directly by the person that I would be supporting. Then I went through scheduling calls with HR. The person who was hiring me was in a very time sensitive situation, so I think that my onboarding was faster than many would experience.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Rafael, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I have met more than 8 people, they were all very respectful and professional. It was not difficult at all if you know what are you doing. The HR conducted everything and I came in from across state. Hiring manager was very understanding. It was a great experience.

Negotiation

Smooth

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Rafael, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

There were several interviews with managers and peers. Manager's questions tended to be mostly about organization methods and also about what my capabilities were. Peers tended to ask questions that would demonstrate how I might fit in to the company culture. All involved were very kind and easy to speak to.

Interview Questions

• Describe some ways that you have marked success in past roles   Answer Question

Senior CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Rafael, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was invited to return to BioMarin having worked there 4 years prior under contract. I met with Hiring Manager on-site. It was fairly informal and on a Friday; many of the team members were working from home that day.

Interview Questions

• If I had vendor management experience and how flexible I was.   1 Answer