BioWare Interview Questions in Edmonton, AB | Glassdoor

BioWare Interview Questions in Edmonton, AB

3.7

QA Tester (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BioWare (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Not the greatest. It was a phone interview first with 5 people interviewing me all at once. I had the required skills, in fact, if anything, I was over-qualified for the position. But because it was on the phone, I happened to have a couple problems with the phone cutting out even though I had good reception. I was super stressed before the interview trying to think of every possible answer, and when they thought I cut out and said "hello...?" (when I was thinking of an answer to their question), it just added to the stress of the situation making me not do the greatest. I also have a hearing disorder, so hearing with only one ear on the phone made things very difficult with my disability so I couldn't properly hear them and I had to clarify things many times and it was very embarrassing because if only I had the chance to have an in-person interview with them I could have conveyed my passion and experience to them properly, and addressed their inquirers in a more understanding and detailed manner. They didn't ask anything really to determine my skills, more questions to something I supposedly talked about on my cover letter which I didn't (so they didn't properly look at my application and my qualifications and/or may have confused it with a different persons cover letter). This surprised me and saddened me since I did all this work to be qualified and I was never put to the test on those qualifications I was treated like I knew nothing and not asked things as if I knew things, which I did...

I was given an email telling me the interviewers felt my current technical skills and work experience did not match the level required for the role.

I was only able to get this out of them after trying to contact them for weeks to hear about the possibility of a followup interview and whatnot.

Honestly, I feel that they really missed out on a successful candidate by not delving more into my application in the interview and asking me actual complicated questions (whether it be game mechanics, or whatnot). Everything was so over-simplified I was baffled because I'd adjusted my mind to a higher level of thinking with how I'd go about answering things, that when there was a lack of any substance in the questions being asked of me, it was just so primal and made me question what I'd even answer to such simple things (that seemed irrelevant from the position I'd applied for). If I could have gotten the opportunity to at least elaborate myself in an **in-person** interview, or gotten one first before a phone call (I live only 2km from the studio), then I would've been able to show them what I'm all about, and how I would've been a great asset to their team.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about changing the current implementation of the screen to alter keyboard controls for Mass Effect 3 PC.   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BioWare (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

I received a call from one of their HR reps, who was very nice but did not ask me any interview questions. In fact she actually asked me to call her back after we had a short discussion. I called back 4 times over the next few days. Reception transferred me to her line each time I called and I left messages. I was never spoken to again. Maybe a mistake was made and she couldn't just tell me that?

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BioWare (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2008.

Interview

Grueling wait periods. Average number of questions. Really laid back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think <project name> was approached the way it was?   Answer Question