Biogen Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biogen Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Biogen

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a Corporate Recruiter for a phone interview. After a week I was asked to interview with a team of 4 people from the department. Each person interviewed for 30 minutes. I then followed up a week after the interview and was told they decided to go with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Biogen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

Interview

30 minute phone interview with company recruiter with questions relating to work history and experience. Contact a week after for an in-person interview with 4 different team members. Each team member interview was lasted 30 minutes.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Received an email in regards to speaking with someone via google hangout. I added and ask if this was going to be setting a time for a phone interview, told me no that it was going to be on here via chat. After about 20 mins chatting with him, in which I was told at the start that I could not ask questions until the end. Also the position I applied for never brought up, and when ask this was for the admin assistant it was not answered. I was told that he was impressed and needed to forward my answers to the Head Dept, that it would take a few minutes. After 20 mins of waiting I chatted and ask should I expect to hear back from him today, no answer. I wrote back after a bit that I was declining any more interviews. Very Different interview process.

Interview Questions

• Full Name, sex, location   5 Answers
    • Series of questions, one of which was what bank I banked at. He said they needed to make sure they were able to send a direct deposit to that bank.   1 Answer

Jun 20, 2018 – Director, TA Operations

It appears that you may have been a victim of a fraudulent scheme at the hands of an individual or entity who claimed to be an employee of Biogen. This fraudulent scheme relates to the unauthorized... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Biogen (Orlando, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

Sent email to set up Google Hangouts account. PLEASE do not do this! They will offer to send you a check for software, once you cash check, they will ask you to send copy of deposit slip. They will then drain your bank account. This is a huge scam! No legitimate business will use Google Hangouts!

Interview Questions

• Where do you live? Do you have up to date computer?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

I applied for this AA position online through Glassdoor and was soon reached by someone named "John Summers". My first red flag was his email address because the domain was biogenhr.com and companies do not give their HR departments their own domains. Nevertheless, I read his email and shock: he wanted me to set up a Google Hangouts interview. Another red flag was that he did not even acknowledge I had an application into the company - he just said that he found my resume on Glassdoor. Any HR person would have known I applied. But it gets better! I am pretty sure the entire job posting was fake because that's how they trap people and get your email address and everything. The company site does not have any related postings nor could I find anything about a Dallas location....another red flag. Folks.....let me just say, if you're applying for an Admin position, there is simply no way to "work from home".
    So, back to that initial email from John Summers. I looked him up on LinkedIn and there was no such person. Then I reached out to the actal Biogen Senior Recruiter to ask her if they ever conduct interviews in that manner and sadly she was not professional enough to respond back. It's possible she just had too many emails to respond to, but it has now been two weeks and I have still not gotten a reply. Not even sure that that's the type of company I would want to work for.
    Overall, not a good experience. I have no idea who posted the job posting and we need to know these things in order to report the fraudulent activity to Glassdoor. It wouldn't take more than a few seconds to reply. I've had similar situations where I received a personal email from the company before an interview request takes place. Beware of the scammers.

Interview Questions

Biogen Response

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Very sketchy company and process. Like the others I was asked to get on Google Hangouts, they asked my name and location, shouldn’t they have that? Then kept asking is this okay after every response. I think this is a total scam and Glassdoor needs to remove them completely.

Interview Questions

• Wheat is your full name and where are you located?   1 Answer