Biogen Associate Scientist I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biogen Associate Scientist I Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter through the company's website and was contacted by a recruiter five days later. A phone interview was scheduled for the following week. I spoke to two scientists from the department, and they asked me details about my job duties and experience. A few days later I received an email to schedule a formal interview. It was a half day interview where I met with all of the scientists from the department as well as the VP and department manager. Each interview lasted 30 minutes, and the final 30 minutes of the day was spent having a casual lunch with associate scientists from the department. The scientists and the VP asked standard questions about things listed on my resume as well as general questions about my work experience. Nothing too surprising. The department manager asked about how I dealt with difficult situations from my past jobs. Those questions were a bit trickier but, having taken time to prepare before the interview, it went well. I was contacted with the job offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked by one scientist to explain to him a specific aspect of flow cytometry to see if I truly understood the concept of this technique.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Coming from academia, my mind was clouded and I was drooling over the initial offer of an industry salary and, like a fool, I missed my opportunity to negotiate. The offer was good, but I regretted not asking for more money. When you get the call with the job offer, wipe that stupid smile off of your face 'cause it's business time.

Other Interview Reviews for Biogen

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biogen (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by 4-5 people, each 30 minutes. Since this is an entry level position, they asked questions about character, rather than a lot of technical expertise questions. They seemed to want to know if I was capable and willing to learn new techniques, capable of being independent but also cooperative, and a nice person to generally work with.

Interview Questions

• It was a basic Chemistry 101 technical questions about molarity or something along those lines.   1 Answer