Biogen Associate Scientist II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biogen Associate Scientist II Interview Questions

Interviews at Biogen

Associate Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Submitted my resume and was contacted for a phone interview by a recruiter a few days later. The recruiter was extremely pleasant. After she pre-interviewed me, I had another phone interview with the hiring manager for the position. She mostly wanted to know about my previous experience and how it would relate to the job.

I was selected for an on-site interview, where I met with 7 people from the department I would be working with. Almost everyone was very friendly and seemed to want to convince me that Biogen was a nice place to work. One of the people I met with was somewhat hostile towards me and seemed unhappy that she was even there. This person asked me open-ended technical questions (i.e. what are the optimization variables for this process) and seemed frustrated that I wasn't giving her the answers she desired.

When I met with the manager for the position, she asked me some standard questions like "What is your biggest weakness?" "Describe a time when you had to problem-solve." Biogen was also very prompt and upfront about when they would be deciding on the position, and I appreciated they e-mailed me to let me know I didn't get it, instead of leaving me hanging.

Interview Questions

• What variables would you optimize in a large-scale bioprocess?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Biogen

Associate Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Received an email from HR a day after applying for the position that they were interested and wanted to schedule a phone interview for the very next day. So I scheduled it and it was again the typical interview about why I wanted to work their and asked many questions about my current experience, salary expectations and if I was willing to relocate ASAP if I got the offer, which I said yes to. Then I sent a follow up thank you email and did not hear back. The following week I got a call from another person in HR to schedule a phone interview (very last minute, again for the next day) with the Hiring manager and 2 other scientists in the group (3 on 1 phone interview?). She asked first asked me to go through my experiences and schooling which I did and then she took one thing I said and asked me a difficult technical questions about something in particular in my research that I should have known, I guess..But was not prepared for. When I didn't sound confident answering I knew they did not want to proceed with me. She said I would hear back by the next day but they never got back to me. I emailed everyone I spoke to during the interview process and not ONE person got back to me regarding my candidacy. Rude, if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• Explain the chemical reaction taking place in [insert assay].   Answer Question