Biogen Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Biogen Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Manager, Medical Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Took about a month, great process throughout. Heard first from a recruiter, then we had an on-site interview with potential manager, medical directors, and colleagues. This interview was in Cambridge and was informative and illuminating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer via phone, then official offer via email. Recruiter walked me through the offer on the phone, very helpful.

Vendor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone interview and one face to face . Pretty quick response, they paid for my flight to and from the interview. Had lunch with the director, great people and great locations

Interview Questions

• Strengths ? Weaknesses ? Basic standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

A mix of technical and behavioral questions, focused on personality fit for the group. Senior people were welcoming and professional. Explained expectations for the role pretty well. However, communication with HR and scheduling seemed challenging. HR sent to wrong building address for interview.

Interview Questions

• how to manage conflicts regarding ownership of projects amongst team-members in a team.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by phone first and a couple weeks later went on-site. Everyone was pleasant and accommodating. I was required to do a 30 minute presentation for the group I would be working with. Everyone asked questions and were very interested about my work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when things didn't work as you expected them to work and how did you reacted?   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

After two phone interviews, they invited me for an onsite interview. I was told they had invited 3 candidates for onsite interviews and we were all coming over the course of a week. It was a pretty typical experience. Six hours of back-to-back 30 min interviews with me giving a one hour seminar on my doctoral research. Everybody was very nice. They asked alot of questions during my seminar but they always seemed to be out of genuine curiosity/interest. Ultimately, I was not given an offer, but I can only say good things about the experience. It was my first interview (I haven't graduated yet), and I didn't really have a good sense of what I was getting myself into, and I'm sure I seemed very inexperienced, and as though I was in over my head, which is a very fair assessment. The whole process was a great learning experience for me. Everybody went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, and once they were decided, they did send me probably the most polite rejection email ever (which was also very personalized--parts of it may have been a form letter, but much of it was clearly written specifically for me--which just seemed way more considerate than one could expect from such a prestigious company). Very warm and inviting environment.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screening with hiring manager, the questions were intelligent and the information shared gave me a sense of the company from the start. Followed by in-person interviews with the hiring manager, next level up management, peers of the hiring manager and peers in my position. Everyone was welcoming, their questions were thoughtful, and their answers to my questions helped me decide I really want to work here.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge that you faced in a job and how did you approach the challenge and deal with it?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me (resume was on file and my skills matched an available position). Phone screen with HR for 30 minutes. This was a casual conversation which had me discuss my resume in a little more detail. Next step was a phone screen with the hiring manager who talked more about the job and asked specific technical questions. Then I was invited onsite for an all day interview that consisted of seven 30 to 45 minute 1 on 1 interviews with department team members and other individuals that would be interacting with the role.

Interview Questions

• A mix of technical and behavioral questions. Mostly revolved around my resume and digging deeper for specific examples. Every interviewer was different but they were not there to try and stump you.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter followed by a phone interview with hiring manager (45 min). The on site interview will be a whole 7-8 hour day where you will meet all members of the department.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very quick and to the point with questions. Low pressure. One issue was a difference in engineering majors but was able to assure interviewer this wouldn't be a huge issue. Overall, a normal experience with straight forward and expected questions. Spoke directly to the project/hiring manager. Seemed to be an approachable guy and was not out to grill with questions but rather make sure that our interests were aligned.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

There were two, full day interviews, about a week apart. I met with team members and senior leadership for about 45 minutes each. I was treated to lunch with a team member.

Interview Questions

• How do you maintain accountability for SME project deliverables?   1 Answer