Biogen Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

82 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Biostatistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager found a good match between my background and the opening. After a short phone screen, they decided to bring me to visit the campus.

The hiring team did very professionally and nicely. They reached out to me for lunch options, and they also accommodated my request for longer stay since it happened to be long weekend. The in-person interview was smooth. The interviewers discussed with me on some technical details, and they also asked me some behavior questions. No hard question was asked.

They followed up on me in every step, and asked my feedback after the interview. Even if I didn't make it, they provided honest suggestions to me for my future job hunting. It was a very nice experience.

Interview Questions

• technical questions, most of them are based on my presentation. Bayesian prior choice/FDR control/research background..   Answer Question

Associate Scientist II/III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position through the Biogen career site and received an email directly from the hiring manager the following day to set up a phone interview. The initial interview was very easy, and felt more like a conversation between two colleagues rather than an actual interview. I got off the phone feeling confident and excited about the possible opportunity. A few days later, I received an email from a woman in HR updating me about my upcoming on-site interview and asked me to choose an option for lunch and fill out a few forms. This caught me off guard since I was never informed that I was chosen for an in-person interview, but I just chalked it up to miscommunication, which is common within big pharma.

The following day, I was sent another email from HR. This time a man, who asked me to
    complete the same information that was requested by the initial HR woman. Again, no communication between employees. After providing all of the necessary info, I set up my interview date, scheduled my travel plans (including flights and hotel since I live more than 300 miles away), and was even provided with my interview schedule.

Less than a week before my interview, I was notified via an automated email that I was no longer being considered for the position, and was given a generic "we're pursuing other candidates" explaination. Although I was confused, I again assumed it was a miscommunication. I immediately forwarded the automated message to the (second) HR employee I had been in contact with, asking him if it was a mistake and to confirm that I was still scheduled for an interview in a few days. The next morning, I received a voicemail from HR informing me that the position was no longer open and the my interview had been cancelled (yes, that bluntly).

To say that I was shocked would be an understatement. I have never experienced such an uncoordinated and incompetent process, as I did with Biogen. It is disappointing that the HR department has such little respect for potential employees, definitely a wake-up call.

Advocacy Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The most responsive and transparent company I interviewed with during a recent job search. People were professional and super friendly. I felt heard and valued during the entire process. I did a number of phone interviews and a 1/2 day on sight. Seamless process. Kudos to the entire team!

Oral Dosage Drug Product Formulation Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

There was one phone interview, and then on one site interview. In the on site interview, I was interviewed by 5 people, in 3 groups of 2, 2, and then 1. I wasn't any specific questions pertaining to my skills. The interview was more of a conversation about past projects and work experiences.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by Biogen to interview for a summer intern position. HR contacted me and we had a pre-interview conversation. Biogen really seemed like they wanted me to do well. HR was very prompt and easy to communicate with, which has been rare for me while applying for intern positions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with SolidWorks?   1 Answer

Manager, Medical Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Took about a month, great process throughout. Heard first from a recruiter, then we had an on-site interview with potential manager, medical directors, and colleagues. This interview was in Cambridge and was informative and illuminating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer via phone, then official offer via email. Recruiter walked me through the offer on the phone, very helpful.

Vendor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone interview and one face to face . Pretty quick response, they paid for my flight to and from the interview. Had lunch with the director, great people and great locations

Interview Questions

• Strengths ? Weaknesses ? Basic standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

HR called first to discuss the position, compensation package, and working authority. The hiring manager met me in person afterwards. They seemed that they needed someone to fill the position urgently. However, they suddenly became silent and updated me the status until 3 months later when I sent an email to the manager. They organized a one-day on-site interview (totally five candidates for this position). On-site interview included seminar plus meeting with current employees.

Interview Questions

• describe how you manage people if they don't perform well.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

A mix of technical and behavioral questions, focused on personality fit for the group. Senior people were welcoming and professional. Explained expectations for the role pretty well. However, communication with HR and scheduling seemed challenging. HR sent to wrong building address for interview.

Interview Questions

• how to manage conflicts regarding ownership of projects amongst team-members in a team.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by phone first and a couple weeks later went on-site. Everyone was pleasant and accommodating. I was required to do a 30 minute presentation for the group I would be working with. Everyone asked questions and were very interested about my work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when things didn't work as you expected them to work and how did you reacted?   Answer Question