Biogen Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biogen Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Biogen

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Positive phone screen with HR for a position very aligned with my experience; or at least I thought. Came in to interview and spoke with the remote hiring manager by phone. I was disappointed to learn that she'd been in town the week before so that was a missed opportunity for both of us. After that and a meeting with a dotted manager, it seemed to me that they didn't have a clear sense of the job and who they wanted/needed. They asked me questions clearly outside my background which was frustrating (why am here?!) and a little insulting as I'd done similar jobs at 3 major companies. No one offered me their card or said they'd be in touch. (Could you please be just a little less obvious?) HR never followed up with me and ignored my attempt to confirm closure. How rude and arrogant when I'd made the effort to come on site. Wow.

Interview Questions

• "This maybe a hard question, but.."   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Biogen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Raleigh, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

Recruiting reached out to me via email. Never talked to anyone in recruiting and they would not provide their phone number. They bounced me around to 3 different HR/Rec folks and to this day, I still can't get a return to questions I had nor did I get reimbursed fully for expenses. Be careful.

Interview Questions

• Recruiting question and information did not provide me with any guidance for my interviews. Scheduling was a nightmare and at the very end Biogen HR indicated I'd have an answer to if I had the position by early the next week. Of course that did not happen and I continued to email with no response until end of week. HR said they'd have an answer for me by end of day and of course, they did not.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in August 2018.

Interview

face to face, casual, behavorial,short, met 5 in team, hiring manager appeared busy. recruiter good. a little pushy at offer stage. people seemed nice in interview. smart and talented team

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, then invited to onsite interview. Extraordinarily poor communication from HR- for example, they sent me the interview schedule for another confidential candidate, and I noted that on that candidate's schedule, a cut-and-paste error had left the name of the third confidential candidate. On the plus side, at least I knew my competition. Also, they emailed me on the day of the interview to ask if I could arrive an hour earlier. I was traveling and did not get this email (they should have called my cell), so when I showed up at what I thought was half an hour EARLY, I was actually half an hour late.

Interview Questions

• HR asked the standard behavioral questions, from a script. Tell me about a time when....
      Some of the senior stakeholders asked pointed questions about resource allocation and management; they were clearly shopping for someone who would take their side in what appeared to be continuous turf wars in an undersized facility.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

I was reached out by HR person, 2 weeks after I applied for the position online. The process started with a phone screening with HR, then continued with a phone interview with Hiring Manager. Then on-site interview 1:1 and group panel. It was easy and straightforward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

This was a very well handled process: the coordinator was kind and very helpful, .scheduling and logistics were professional, and the interview panel was well prepared and clearly sharp people. I wish I had been offered the role because I was left with a great impression of the company.

Director Interview

Interview

The interview process was very well organized. I was arriving from out of town and all the logistics were very well taken care of and clearly outlined. The interviewer list was comprehensive - representatives from all of the key functions with which I would be interacting were included.

Interview Questions

While it was an exciting job and company, job would have required a move and after carefully considering the pros and cons decided not to move.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

I participated in multiple interviews and interviewers over 3 separate rounds. I interviewed with two Human Resources leads, the hiring manager, several (to be) peers, multiple (to be) direct reports.