Biogen Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biogen Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Biogen

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by Biogen to interview for a summer intern position. HR contacted me and we had a pre-interview conversation. Biogen really seemed like they wanted me to do well. HR was very prompt and easy to communicate with, which has been rare for me while applying for intern positions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with SolidWorks?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Biogen

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen in March 2016.

Interview

There was a thirty minute phone interview. I was interviewed by two people who worked for the company. The interview was mainly behavioral and asked about my classes and experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the manufacturing process? What classes have you taken?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Easy if you know someone. Otherwise they drill you a lot to select the best candidate. People are nice and friendly. Most of them internationals if you are into sciences. They will explain the requirement very well. So you will go in with some understanding of what is expected from you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Was emailed saying that someone was interested in interviewing me and asked what time I would be available. The interview was mostly about the type of project I would be working on if I got the internship.

Interview Questions

I accepted a better offer at a different company.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

I had expressed my interest in the internship I ultimately applied for moths before it was posted online. I was interviewed by phone and it turned into a very good conversation about my research experience and the project I am currently working on. I suggest understanding the details of your previous work and understanding the theory behind the assays and techniques that you use in your research. Towards the end of the interview I was asked to supply a reference which I did by email. I had worked very closely with my reference for over a year and we worked very well together. I think that this was very good for my application. I think that they initially were going to bring me in for an onsite interview but I ended up just having a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most frustrating thing about purifying your protein?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was too good to consider negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly informal process. I think that most people who get jobs as interns have some connections. With connections, the process is fairly easy but without connections, I think it is very difficult. Only asked fit questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very quick and to the point with questions. Low pressure. One issue was a difference in engineering majors but was able to assure interviewer this wouldn't be a huge issue. Overall, a normal experience with straight forward and expected questions. Spoke directly to the project/hiring manager. Seemed to be an approachable guy and was not out to grill with questions but rather make sure that our interests were aligned.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Very helpful and guiding interview process. The manager was friendly and walked me through the job spec. Asked about my experiences and why I wanted to work for Biogen and what were my long term goals.

Interview Questions

• Had some behavioral and technical questions related to informatics. Asked some questions on experience on my resume and how it would help me with the position I have applied   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen in April 2017.

Interview

The conversation with the Hiring Manager was good and very friendly.

HR was unknowing (about the position, the company itself) and unprofessional, no feedback was given. HR promised me to consider me for another position - but did not.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biogen in March 2010.

Interview

I applied online for a general non-tech internship position and company called me backed and asked me whether I was interested in a specific position. I wanted to be considered and took the phone interview. They asked me what are my future plans, what do I want to do. Very general questions. We went over my resume and talked about qualifications listed in the job description.

Interview Questions

• What are your interest, what do you want to do in the future?   Answer Question