Biogen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biogen Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Interview

The interview process begins with a call with Human Resources and then an in person interview with members of the team. The in person interview can be with two or three people and they will most likely be supervisory level employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were supervising a team member and the employee was not performing well, how did you manage it?   1 Answer

Associate Scientist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter followed by a phone interview with hiring manager (45 min). The on site interview will be a whole 7-8 hour day where you will meet all members of the department.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very quick and to the point with questions. Low pressure. One issue was a difference in engineering majors but was able to assure interviewer this wouldn't be a huge issue. Overall, a normal experience with straight forward and expected questions. Spoke directly to the project/hiring manager. Seemed to be an approachable guy and was not out to grill with questions but rather make sure that our interests were aligned.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

There were two, full day interviews, about a week apart. I met with team members and senior leadership for about 45 minutes each. I was treated to lunch with a team member.

Interview Questions

• How do you maintain accountability for SME project deliverables?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I only went through a brief phone screen with an external HR rep followed by my manager. The total process lasted at most 25 minutes. This showed in the quality of the interns they brought in. They would have benefited from meeting the candidates in person.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever worked in a GMP facility?   1 Answer

Interview

Phone screen, half a day interview with hiring manager, co-workers, other stakeholders. People are pretty open about the culture and job style. The selection process for interview takes a long time and potential employee needs to be patient. After the interview selection process is not that long.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

30 min phone screen. Was invited to cambridge for an onsite interview few weeks later. Interview was 7 one on one's. Not really a structured interview pattern but it more like an informal behavioural questioning.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a hour long interview.A lot of questions in detail.They exactly knew what they were looking for.I tried my level best in answering but maybe they were looking for a specific skill which i dint have

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about the monolayer cell culture   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Biogen (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted application on the company website. Got contacted by an university relation person, who later called and asked about my background. She later passed my resume to the employer who is a principle engineer. The principle engineer directly determines who get the position and the intern would be working alongside with him. He phone-interviewed me and asked NO behavioral questions. Everything he asked are all skilled related and from the resume. KNOW YOUR RESUME.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the skills you listed on the resume
      Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very welcome, all was very organized and prepared when I arrived.

The interview process was very nice, a little too long, but I had the sense that people were very busy, so the long process did not bothered me.

People were very friendly, and explained very well what they were looking for and what the company does.

Interview Questions

• Without going into details, they gave me a situation, that a business person gave me some information, and I needed to build an application for that business person. How would I do it. They say start from the database to the front end.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to change job and career?   1 Answer