Biogen Manufacturing Associate II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biogen Manufacturing Associate II Interview Questions

Interviews at Biogen

3.5

Manufacturing Associate II Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Biogen in September 2014.

Interview

I got the interview call, at Biogen Idec, for the manufacturing associate position through a staffing agency about 2 months after my application was submitted. It was a round robin interview. I was interviewed by four managers from different departments of manufacturing. Each manager spent 15 minutes with the candidate. Since I was fresh graduate with no work experience, their primary focus was whether I would be able to function in a team setting. I had done several projects in a group setting at school. Their main question and concern was if there were any conflicts among the group members (and yes there were) and whether we were able to resolve them (yes we were). The managers explained about the role of their departments and asked questions related to my academic background and experience relevant to biomanufacturing. Only one of the managers asked technical questions. Got the job offer the next day.

Know your resume word by word. Have an explanation for everything listed on your resume. Highlight your skills and show an interest in learning new skills. I do not have any experience in purification, when asked by one of the managers I told him that I never had the chance to work on downstream but I am eager to acquire the skill set.

Interview Questions

• If a deviation occurs supervisor, manager and VP require an explanation as a part of the process. How would you handle?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Biogen

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Biogen (Raleigh, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

I worked as a contract employee for 1.5 years, and at this point it was basically "suggested" that I apply for a permanent position, and things went pretty smoothly from that point forward. Management seems to know who they want to keep pretty quickly, and use the contract time as a way to evaluate suitability for positions in manufacturing.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you failed." This one threw me for a loop (I should have been prepared for it, but I seemed to have missed it during all my interview prep). I simply wasn't prepared, and didn't have a ready example. I had to wing it, and I'm pretty sure the interviewer knew.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Fast panel interview from 4 different shift managers. Each interview lasted 15 minutes. The questions were very technical in nature and there was little time to ask questions of your own. All people who were interviewing were in the same room and could hear parts of each other's answers to questions.

Manufacturing Associate II Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biogen in January 2011.

Interview

The grill you on your skills