Biogen Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biogen Senior Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Biogen

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Two half-day long interviews with multiple people in HR and the group that I eventually joined. Although the interviewers were not well-versed in how to interview, the interviews themselves allowed me to gain insight into the company and department that I would be joining. Overall, a pleasant process except for the length of time it took to go through the process. I have experienced this long process as a hiring manager as well and it has hurt us in that we have lost exceptional candidates due to the unacceptably long hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult or unexpected. It seemed that they mostly wanted to know if my personality and way of working would fit with the group I would be joining. The interviews were quite pleasant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was pleased with my offer. It toook such a long time to receive it though; I really wanted to work at Biogen Idec but I had several other offers from other companies. I finally had to call them and tell them that I needed to respond to the other offers; I received a verbal offer that day and the written offer within the week.

Other Interview Reviews for Biogen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Weston, MA).

Interview

Was contacted by a headhunter and put in touch with the hiring manager. There were a couple of mis-fires getting connected (missed calls, etc) but finally did speak on the phone for 45min or so. About 30min was him asking me about my experience, then 15min or so for me to ask questions. Then did a phone interview with an HR contact. Then a full day of in-person interviews with 6 people across departments and within the group I'd be hired into. Nothing out of the ordinary, just questions about my experience, why BioGen, etc.

Interview Questions

• No business case or technical questions, really...did ask a couple questions about general sales strategy in pharma.   Answer Question

Timing in my personal life did not allow me to make a change at the time

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Initial was a phone call to come in and interview. Then I had about 15 subsequent interviews...very drawn out and long process. The stacked about 10 in one day, meeting with peers, direct reports and superiors. Then I had several follow ups as they narrowed the field, including several VPs and the CIO.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any 1 particular question. But by the time I met with the 8th consecutive individual I was starting to get a little fried.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Understand the salary tiers and leverage past work history.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Generally unscripted interviews with individuals. Some behavioral questions ("Tell us about a time when you...") but not frequent. More so detail on what attracted you to the role, and what are you most proud of in your career, and what will make you successful in challenges in this role.

Interview Questions

• When an interviewer tells you that you might need to change personnel to get the job done. Just sends a bad vibe of culture that replacing someone is easier than reforming, challenging, or improving them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not be coy. Either accept or reject but don't play games.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was an eight person day long process. The questions were behavioral and they were assessing my personality. There were also questions testing my technical and critical thinking abilities.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me (resume was on file and my skills matched an available position). Phone screen with HR for 30 minutes. This was a casual conversation which had me discuss my resume in a little more detail. Next step was a phone screen with the hiring manager who talked more about the job and asked specific technical questions. Then I was invited onsite for an all day interview that consisted of seven 30 to 45 minute 1 on 1 interviews with department team members and other individuals that would be interacting with the role.

Interview Questions

• A mix of technical and behavioral questions. Mostly revolved around my resume and digging deeper for specific examples. Every interviewer was different but they were not there to try and stump you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

little communication, no transparency to the process; the general feeling was that someone new the process but didn't communicate it well. H R personnel interviews you first about background, then other people interview you on different topics mostly around the core competencies within the company and how you would fit in

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths and weaknesses; how do you deal with ambiguity   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

30 min phone screen. Was invited to cambridge for an onsite interview few weeks later. Interview was 7 one on one's. Not really a structured interview pattern but it more like an informal behavioural questioning.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Overall, it was a positive experience and the interview was intense but not very technical. Biogen cares about its culture and core behaviors, so a lot of questions were about the cultural fit of the candidate. People were respectful. Interviewed by cross-functional team.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Phone Screen:
    Great chat with a very friendly TA partner, who also thought there were other roles open also aligned with my experience (I was thrilled!).

Phone Interview:
    Met with the hiring manager, but he was interviewing me for one of those other roles... which I hadn't been told, nor had I even seen the job description.
    Luckily, it still went well, and I made it into the next round of interviews.

In-person Interview:
    - 4 hours long
    - Met with 4 people
    - Delivered presentation on research they shared two (maybe three?) days before interview
    - Overall fairly standard interview, a couple of tougher questions, and adding in the presentation added a little more pressure than I've felt in other interviews

TA Partner was very responsive throughout the process.