Biotronik Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biotronik Interview Questions

2.7

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biotronik (Portland, OR).

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone screen approximately one week after applying for the job. I had an in-person interview with two members of the legal team and two members of HR approximately one week after the initial phone screen.

Field Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Biotronik (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview took place over the phone.

Second interview took place in the territory that i was being interview for. Interviewed with the Sales rep in that territory and the Regional Sales Director. Basic get to know you questions over lunch. We then moved into a round robin interview that lasted about 2 hours with both the rep and the RSD. Long day but somewhat informal.

Third interview started in a large conference room with many other candidates. We got an overview of the company and had to do a 5-7 min sales presentation on something that we were passionate about. Ultimately, we could try and sell them on anything. The sales presentations was done in front of multiple sales reps, regional sales directors and again the other candidates. beyond that the Area Vice President was watching as well. After the sales presentations they all take time to pick it apart and see how well you really know what you were presenting. Folling that we had a short break and then went right into a round robin interview where we sat down one-on-one for 1/2 hour interviews with sales reps, RSD, and AVP. Intense and long day. great process from the standpoint that it truly weeds out those that are great and those that just slipped through the cracks.

Interview Questions

• If a physician is yelling at you in front of EP staff how do you respond?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Biotronik.

Interview

First Phone Interview - 45 min. Very relaxed. Just got to know me and I got to know my interviewer. It was fun.

Phone Interview was within a week of applying for the job. Next step: Second Phone Interview

Contracts Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biotronik (Lake Oswego, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy, phone interview, followed by a 1:1, whole process felt very casual and friendly which made the interview process fairly simply. Sit down and was very informal. Easy, easy, easy, easy, easy, easy

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with adversity and how did you overcome?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biotronik (Portland, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

1:1 informal at a local sandwich shop. No resumes, no quizzes, no pressure, no crazy "tell me about you worst.." (insert item here). Friendly easy-going chat.
    All in all a fairly average engineering interview.

Interview Questions

• Experience with forward-looking technologies. A bit about my past. Start date. Management style.   Answer Question

Interview

Interview process was a breeze. Its based on whether you can bring in instant business and have a solid relationships with existing customers. Biotronik is really not the place for someone looking to get started in the industry. The training isn't up to par with the competition.

Interview Questions

• An interview with Biotronik is nothing to lose sleep over. Once you have won over your direct manager they will fly you out to meet with a regional manager at the airport resturant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biotronik (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Laid back interview process. Felt like they just needed a body in the territory.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Management consists of egotistical morons. Promise them you can bring a ton of business and get a 2 year guarantee for $200K+/year. Witnessed it a lot and most of the reps cannot even sell their guarantee in total revenue. Management just hires friends.

Process Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Resume was found online and I was emailed by the company. After a successful telephone interview, I was told that I was still in the running. I reached out to them and was finally set up with an on-site interview. It consisted of 6 interviews with senior employees and a presentation (30 min). I rushed from interviewer to interviewer as there was not enough time to complete each interview. Someone was unexpectedly busy, so the schedule was shuffled several times. I was also asked what my race was by one interviewers - sort of strange. I got no response for over one month. After emailing them a few times, I got an automated response that I was not going to get an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biotronik (Lake Oswego, OR).

Interview

Process proceeded quickly and smoothly. There was a glitch in the order of interviewers so I had lunch with someone with whom I should have had a technical interview. I was not told his role which had an adverse effect on our conversation.

Eventually, they checked my references. They wanted quite a few and some sort of indication of relationship and relevance. Very strangely, they checked with my *least* relevant ones (QEs who had consumed my work) and did not bother with my most relevant ones (former managers and fellow engineers from projects similar to the work I would be doing at Biotronik).

Either I was stabbed in the back by a reference or there was some sort of mistake in the process. I was unable to find out what had happened. Too bad, this looked like a great opportunity.

Curiously, over the weekend, I was taken on a tour of the area by a real estate person who worked closely with Biotronik. This was clearly part of the interview and he gives his report on candidates to HR. Despite feeling a little creepy at first, it turned out to be pleasant. It makes sense to me that they would wish to see how serious a candidate is about moving to Portland.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some EE questions and I am a SW engineer. We got past this and I was able to learn something new and interesting. I don't think this counted against me.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biotronik (Portland, OR) in August 2011.

Interview

Biotronik HR found me via Monster.com, asked me for an interview and flew me in for an interview, paid my travel expenses. They were very professional and pleasant. I had a chance to interview with (their former) CFO who even introduced me to the company president. Initially, the ob was not offered to me but I told them that if things change they can call me back. About 3-4 weeks later they called me and made me an offer (their first choice rejected the offer). That wasvery nice from them since I wanted to move to Portland and I appreciate their flexibility.

Interview Questions

• Examples of my academic research in grad. school.   1 Answer

Negotiation

At that time they were very flexible with me and I appreciate that. Even after being rejected the first time they called me back about 3-4 weeks later and offered me the job since their top choice declined their offer. I don't know how the things are now since the HR director who interviewed me is no longer there.