BirdEye Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BirdEye Interview Questions

Interviews at BirdEye

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BirdEye.

Interview

It was not conducted properly. Poorly managed. First got a call to schedule an interview and while preparing for the interview, it got cancelled because of hiring of other employee. Couldn't get a chance to prove myself.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BirdEye.

Interview

Over a 6 week period, I had 4 calls with 3 different people. I had an in-house writing test which was supposed to be followed by an in-person interview, but the interviewer was a no-show. The fourth call was with the CEO and took was rescheduled multiple times. Turns out that they're moving the Marketing department from Texas to California. I feel like the CEO strung me along during the time they were trying to decide what their plans for the Marketing department were going to be.

I'm glad that I'm not going to work there because it seemed like chaos.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BirdEye in September 2017.

Interview

I now have a new policy. Accountablity for everyone. So this review is overdue and I'm happy to share it.

I was contacted by the founders (brothers) on a Friday afternoon with very short notice. They were asking for help with paid search. I sensed a panic. Why else would you contact someone on a Friday with no notice?

Then at the last minute, they had to reschedule. I should have run for the hills then but I accommodated.

The real issue is that these two showed up empty handed. No agenda. No substance. Could they could organize a two car funeral? Probably not. No Job description sent prior and the real icing on the cake? They could not artculate specific metrics they wanted to improve. In fact. I heard nothing about KPIs.

When I asked them the salary range, they were opaque. How much leverage can you lose by disclosing a range? Not much. The reason why stooges from companies refuse, is because they're likely paying below market. It could also be just incomprence as well. Hmmm...

They did mention that I could move to Dallas in light of San Fran housing costs. Yet they failed to mention who would pay for this and why on earth I would want to live there. Talk about grasping at straws!

My impression? These two are some of the most insecure, disorganized, egotistical, and slightly paraoid cretins I've ever spoken with. Oh and I forgot extremly cheap.

By far the most unprofessional and unpleasant experiences I"ve ever had. From this I have a process to weed out these charlatans. And so should you....

Interview Questions

• Average CPCs per industry which is always changing,   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BirdEye.

Interview

I was recruited through an external recruiter. The experience felt unprofessional. I was almost solely communicated with via late night text messages and was asked for copies of my past paycheck (illegal in California and a handful of other states). There was a lot of miscommunication and an offer was sent to me via an automated email and no follow up from hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BirdEye (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Very quick, all my interviews were done in one day. There were 3 total reviews, back to back. Interviews were with upper management, direct superiors, and one peer/current employee. I dressed in a suit and brought a pen and paper for notes.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BirdEye (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Call with recruiting firm, call with person from company, in person with 2 people, role-play on phone with 1, interview on phone with one, in person with 3 . After all of this they made me a verbal “100%” offer then went back on their promise the next day. Very unprofessional and disappointing

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BirdEye (Bedford, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Sales Director at BirdEye. It was a comfortable and honest interview. I was asked about my current role and was given answers to all of my questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BirdEye (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, the inside recruiter contacted me a few days later and requested a phone interview. The phone interview was simple and straightforward. He mentioned that they may have me do an online assessment. When I asked what the next steps in the process were the recruiter stammered and explained that they aren't actually hiring for this position, that they just want to see how many people might be interested. WOW. It actually seemed as though they are wanting to fire people in their Denver office and see how quickly they could replace them by determining what type of talent is out there. I followed up about a week later and the recruiter explained that they truly are not hiring at this time. He even seemed a bit confused as to why they would create a job posting on Linkedin and perform phone interviews.

The reviews on this company are not good and I can see why. Seems like they lack organization and leadership.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BirdEye (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth and seamless. I spoke with Ryan and he was a VERY personable guy. He explained the role in great detail and outlined the expectations from the company. Invited me to take the online assessment, after which he followed up within a day. Called me in to interview with the manager and sat with a rep for an hour or so to see if this would be a good fit. Final interview with Sales director went smooth and had an offer within a couple days. Overall, very positive experience. Ryan kept me in the loop the whole time and informed me of next steps which all fell into place as stated. Highly recommend!

Interview Questions

• Q. Why do you think you would be a great fit for this role?
      Q. Are you regularly exceeding quota?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BirdEye (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for the role of account executive in Denver. The process was well organized and got to meet with the interview panel that included Director and VP. Great experience overall, wish I got selected. Continue to be super interested in BirdEye and will reapply.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest sale, explain the process end to end.   Answer Question