Birks And Mayors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Birks And Mayors Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Birks And Mayors

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Birks And Mayors.

Interview

Applied through a friend's recommendation. Got the phone interview within 3 days, and the first in-person interview within 1 week. Had no response after 2 weeks. Still waiting for their final decision.

Interview Questions

• What's the 3 principle qualities a sales professional should have?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Birks And Mayors (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very unpleasant and unprofessional, totally the opposite of the image people might have of Birks and Mayors. The first interview was normal as expected, lasting approximately 3 hours. The 2nd interview was a very strange experience with the the interviewer covering her insecurities with asking intimidating questions in a reprimanding style, making an indirect reference at one point to ethnic origins. Reacting to answers with eye rolls and making snide remarks. Overall very disappointed with the standard of Birks and Mayors' executive team. No offer was made which is ok but not even the standard phone call or a note of repudiation, considering the time spent in the interviewing process. The process to say the least was handled in an extremely unprofessional manner, considering the level of the position I thought I was applying for and the reputation of the old Henry Birks and sons.

Interview Questions

• Describe your personality? Why didn't you apply at another company? How would you overcome objections to your product? I am not satisfied with your answer, you didn't convince me try harder?   Answer Question

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Birks And Mayors.

Interview

I came in the store to give my CV and they called me back within 2 weeks. I was then interviewed by the director of the store, he was very nice and polite.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Birks And Mayors (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

3 interviews. A meet and greet, another one and then a 3rd meet to sign the papers. Then I had to sit there and read a "bible" and I guess they expected you to memorize it there and then. Bc when I woukd ask a question about something later on they would just look at you with the loo of death and snarly say "it was in the book"

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Birks And Mayors (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I submitted the application online, after 2 days got the phone call to inform me to do the interview. The first session, The store director interviewed me. After one week, the general manager interviewed me. The main questions was, why do you think you can work for Birks? What's the most challenge for co-work?

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Birks And Mayors (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via phone. When phone interview took place only general basic question were asked. Maybe 1 or 2 more in-depth question, then set up a date and time for a one on one interview. I arrived prepare with resume in hand and copy for attendees to the interviews. A few situationnal question were asked, a few in-depth explanation about past experiences at the end I was told I would be call if selected. I was call a few days later with proposal.

Interview Questions

• What is my biggest accomplishment in my work?   1 Answer

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Birks And Mayors (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

Manager emailed to request that I come in for an interview. All contact was through email.
    Three one-on-one interviews - first with the manager, second with assistant manager, final one was extra for me to make my decision because the hiring person changed my would-be job description. Quite intimidating. Manager smirked and raised brows at my salary request- too much? too little? Make sure to do your research about the company online or otherwise. Dress to impress. Remember all the details including catering your resume to the job, doing your nails, doing your hair, being early, giving lots of eye contact, etc. Know what balance of commission and salary you would like. Remember to shake hands and thank for the interview. Confidence is key! The people seemed nice but very business-like and can see right through you so if this isn't what you want, don't bother interviewing. Manager made sure to let me know that they thought I would be better suited for the other job I was applying for- they were very direct. Manager's office is very posh - lots of expensive champagne for high roller clients, nice flowers, glass chandeliers and sparkle everywhere. There were plenty of employees standing around, windexing when not assisting and assistant manager made sure to let me know when my time was up as he had another appt. with another client. Know your stuff, be well prepared, charming, and confident.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned about our company? then after I responded, "what specifically did you learn from our website?"   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been in a situation where a client was unhappy? How did you turn it around?   Answer Question