BitSight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BitSight (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

First do a problem offline. Then phone interview for half an hour about your experience, and some behavior question such as what would you do under certain scenario. Then 2 round onsite interviews about algorithms and some experiences.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BitSight (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I started with an initial phone screen and then a fairly quick turnaround (3 days) for an on-site visit in which I met with four members of the team.

There was a set agenda going into the onsite and I knew which members I would meet with in advance. They provided a mix of sales management and one peer interview over the course of a 2-hour interview. Everything was handled very professionally.

After completing the interview process I heard back with an offer after 1 business day. Timeline was communicated to me every step of the way. Overall, it was a very positive and professional experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BitSight.

Interview

I had a phone interview for an internship position and the man on the phone asked me whether I had used a long list of technologies and examples of projects I have done. He was also interested in the math classes I have taken and asked me questions to determine the extent of my math background. There was also plenty of time for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What are projects you have done outside of school/work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BitSight.

Interview

What a disaster. I was scheduled for an interview with little to no information. Sure, there were a bunch of numbers and links at the bottom of the final interview invite, but there was no detail as this call being 1) a VIDEO conference call, and 2) that multiple people would be on the call. Two hours before that call, I get an e-mail saying, this is a video conference call, you need to dial into... I don't know about you, but my days are busy, I like to be fully prepared for an interview, and telling me two hours before an interview that it's a video conference, in the middle of my day, isn't a good sign, at all. I tried calling in just to say, I really can't get to a place that I feel comfortable doing a video conference in, and the contact very rudely stated 'Uh, yes we did'... which is when I just hung up.

I don't want to know how they treat their clients and schedule their client calls if this is how they treat potential employees.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BitSight (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

The process was relatively quick. I was not provided pertinent information like who I would be meeting or even the address of the company. Once I arrived the interviewers did most of the talking and had not reviewed my resume prior to meeting with me.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BitSight (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Straight forward and quick process. A true grown up conversation and I truly enjoyed the process from start to finish. They seem to be very sure of "being fishing in a barrel" I am not.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BitSight.

Interview

It took over a month from submitting an application until I did a phone screen. The phone screen consisted of reviewing my work history job by job (over 15 years worth) to understand how I grew along the way. After this I didn't hear much else until I was asked to go onsite a few weeks later. By the time I made it onsight, it was over 3 months since I had initially applied.

Onsite consisted of 3 interviews back to back starting at 11am and ending at 2pm without a break for lunch (I was offered a snack in the break room). The first interview was a repeat of the phone screen- a tedious walk through my entire resume spending more time on my grad school work (16 years ago) than my current job. The interviewer seemed bored as well and apologized for having to go through the exercise. At least I was given about 5 minutes at the end to ask questions. The final interview was the technical one that consisted of being grilled on low level technical details despite the position being about managing a growing technical organization, not being an individual contributor.

Halfway through the final interview, hungry from not having lunch, I was done with things. False promises were made at the end to conduct a follow up in quick order and not followed through. Two weeks later I received a form letter rejection.

Next time, please better synchronize interviews. I spent 4 hours with technical staff and two of it was spent regurgitating my background in minute details. A third hour was spent with the CEO talking about the company as a whole. I would rather have had the opportunity to talk about things more relevant to the position and showed my expertise and vision for the role rather than what I did in my first job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about why you left your first job. Tell me about why you left your second job. Tell me about your experience in grad school. Etc.   Answer Question

BitSight Response

Sep 11, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for giving us your feedback. I see that this was written in December 2017 and for all the reasons you listed, we have made a ton of changes! We now have a recruiting function in... More

Senior Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BitSight (Boston, MA) in July 2018.

Interview

Three different encounters with Bitsight. One phone screening interview, one phone interview and an in person interview. There was also a document I was asked to work on. One of the people I met with during the interview was extremely rude. Came into the interview and said that they did not want to discuss my resume and asked me pointed questions about my organizational skills. When the interviewer started making direct judgements about my abilities, I had to backtrack to ensure the interviewer understood my current roles and tasks. This interviewer seemed so judgmental that it exceeded the scope of the interview. Not surprised that there was no offer given considering this is the person they chose to interview with the potential hires.

Interview Questions

• How can I be successful in this position when I had no experience working in a company that requires organizational skills beyond what I am capable of?   Answer Question

BitSight Response

Jul 12, 2018 – General Counsel

As the leader of the legal team here at BitSight, I am very sorry that you had this experience. We are growing rapidly, but that shouldn't be an excuse for the interview experience you had and we... More

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BitSight (Cambridge, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

I was first approached by a recruiter via LinkedIn who actually took time to do a brief research on my career. He constructed his message in a very personalized way by saying experiences I had that would make me a great addition to the team, as well as pointing possible nexts steps opportunities at Bitsight that would make sense to me.

- 20-30 minutes phone screen
    - 20-30 minutes video call with hiring manager (in my case the Director)
    - 20-30 minutes video call with a future peer

In person interview:
    Roughly 9am-12pm, I got an office tour and was interviewed by:
    - A future peer
    - CSM Manager
    - Product Manager
    - Marketing Manager
    - Sales Manager
    - Met with one of the founders the current CPO of the company

Finished by having an informal lunch with the hiring Manager (the director in my case), who I had previously met via video call in the phone screening phase.

All these steps up until I received and accepted my offer letter took about two weeks. The recruiting team was very engaged, kept me informed at all steps by giving me feedback and reinforcing the next steps.

Had a really great experience which definitely contributed to me accepting the offer and joining the team.

Interview Questions

• - My current experiences
      - If I handled EBRs or QBRs and how
      - Why I was looking to leave the current company I was working at
      - Why Bitsight
      - What I liked and disliked about my current role and company
      - When I went above and beyond for a customer and to go over that experience   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BitSight (New York, NY).

Interview

While the initial contact was fairly quick (within two weeks) and the first interview went by relatively smoothly, everything from that point was, quite frankly, a disaster. The second round is a fairly simple data test that I received several days after I was promised it, and after submitting it, I did not receive confirmation until several days later. The recruiter who was my point of contact did not return any feedback whatsoever over the course of the next three weeks, despite multiple promises of getting back to me about a final round interview "at the end of next week." What he promised in my first interview would be quick turnaround (i.e. finishing up a final round by the end of October), turned out to be a three month long endeavour of dodging and neglectfulness. At some point, I got tired of hearing excuses and accepted an offer from another firm in mid-November. A week later, I finally received communication, after almost a full month of silence.

Several of my other colleagues who applied to BitSight had similar experiences of not hearing back from the recruiter and having to initiate the next stages of their interviews. Don't expect much in terms of logistical planning if you apply here, and certainly don't expect much in terms of timeliness.

Interview Questions

• Aside from the typical "what projects have you done?", the interviewer also asked very basic probability questions (i.e. how to determine if a distribution is normal, how would you determine if two distributions are the same, etc.). The data test, which is to be completed within two hours, is also fairly basic but is poorly written, in terms of what is expected.   Answer Question