Black Hills Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Black Hills Corporation

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gillette, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation (Gillette, WY) in November 2015.

Interview

Brief and simple. A phone interview and an in person. Went to lunch and got to see the facility a little. Met possible bosses and coworkers in the office.

Interview Questions

• Some of the simple questions. What I liked in school? Past experiences. Overcoming problems and issues in the real world. Talked about athletics and the city the job was in.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation.

Interview

it was pretty good interview. The guy who interviewed me was very nice. It was pretty relaxed. It felt like more of a conversation than an interview. I was able to feel very confident and take my time answering questions actually.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation (Rapid City, SD) in March 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed up by a personel interview.

Interview Questions

• Professional knowledge about an industry to which I had no previous experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask about the expected hours required for the position. Do not accept an offer which requires repayment of relocation funds.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation (Lincoln, NE) in December 2013.

Interview

Small room with two managers interviewing. Basic situational style interview. They first ask you if you are nervous and uncomfortable yet, if not they wait, then moving into actual questions, they ask about you tell me about yourself. I do know other interviews are pretty much the same, people trying to hire on as managers I believed they are required to put together a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked for a big crappy company, did you overcome that? If so, how?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation in June 2016.

Interview

I found the job on Indeed and went to the company's website to fill out the application. THe application website was tedious but no more so than most. I was contacted within 2 weeks for preliminary phone interview with HR, followed by a recorded video interview, then phone interview with hiring manager, and finally a face-to-face interview. Went well and very positive feedback from the hiring manager, but it was followed by total silence from the company. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• strengths/weaknesses/projects/relevant experience - standard stuff   Answer Question

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation (Rapid City, SD) in February 2018.

Interview

It was horrible. The three interviewers expressions were obvious that I was not Caucasian. The fact that they did not have a third person on their team; they had no idea who would "fit." They never sent any letter informing me if I was even considered. I assumed not due to this fact. For a company that states they embrace diversity; they don't practice it unless you are pushing a mop!

Interview Questions

• Stupid questions that had nothing to do with the position. There was no way to showcase my knowledge.   2 Answers

Network Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation (Rapid City, SD) in January 2014.

Interview

The first round was a one way video interview. There were pre-drafted questions to which we have to record our video responses. They were 4 questions and had a time limit of 30 minutes. After each question pops up we are given 30 seconds to prepare before we answer. The 4 questions were:
    1) Explain about your educational background and experience
    2) What is your dream job and why does it appeal to you?
    3) What is your current CGPA? write an essay of 200 characters. ( No time limit for this )
    4) What are your greatest accomplishments in life according to you?

This was he first round. It was easy and had only behavioral type of questions.

Hope that helped :) Good luck !

Interview Questions

• The last question was quite unexpected. Greatest accomplishments in life was totally a shock to me. It made no sense !   Answer Question

Safety Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation in April 2016.

Interview

Went through a HireView video and an in-person interview. Initial impression was a good company and good people. Provided airfare, hotel room and even invited my spouse to accompany me.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were the typical situational type questions   Answer Question

Supervisor Field Resource Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation (Lincoln, NE) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through HR and received notification for interview. Interview process included HR representative, current hiring Manager, and Senior Manager. They rotated amongst themselves asking standard questions, when finished they personalized the questions a bit more as I had worked in the department prior to current position and have done some work with staffing regarding scheduling, and time off requirements.

Interview Questions

• How would I supervise employees that have been peers for several years?   1 Answer

Gas Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation (Rapid City, SD) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the process took about 3 weeks. The initial interview used HireVu video, responding to written questions. The selected questions were somewhat 2nd interview in nature, so a few were difficult, and with further clarification I may have gained during a face to face, I would have answered differently. The medium is difficult if you use and value visual cues to feel at ease or develop report. I valued the experience, and the process was very professional. I appreciated that they let me know that I wasn’t selected to move forward.