Black Hills Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation.

Interview

it was pretty good interview. The guy who interviewed me was very nice. It was pretty relaxed. It felt like more of a conversation than an interview. I was able to feel very confident and take my time answering questions actually.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

We review and approve every subShare your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

We review and approve every sub

Interview Questions

• Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

We review and approve every sub   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gillette, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation (Gillette, WY) in November 2015.

Interview

Brief and simple. A phone interview and an in person. Went to lunch and got to see the facility a little. Met possible bosses and coworkers in the office.

Interview Questions

• Some of the simple questions. What I liked in school? Past experiences. Overcoming problems and issues in the real world. Talked about athletics and the city the job was in.   Answer Question

Director, Transmission Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation (Rapid City, SD) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on job. 3 wks later, Called by hr to setup a phone interview for following week. Was told 3 days after the interview they were continuing with other candidates.

Oddly, the hiring VP never showed up for the phone interview. It was just the previous person in that position and the hr rep.

Interview Questions

• Just a basic overview and a couple of star questions.   1 Answer

Network Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation (Rapid City, SD) in January 2014.

Interview

The first round was a one way video interview. There were pre-drafted questions to which we have to record our video responses. They were 4 questions and had a time limit of 30 minutes. After each question pops up we are given 30 seconds to prepare before we answer. The 4 questions were:
    1) Explain about your educational background and experience
    2) What is your dream job and why does it appeal to you?
    3) What is your current CGPA? write an essay of 200 characters. ( No time limit for this )
    4) What are your greatest accomplishments in life according to you?

This was he first round. It was easy and had only behavioral type of questions.

Hope that helped :) Good luck !

Interview Questions

• The last question was quite unexpected. Greatest accomplishments in life was totally a shock to me. It made no sense !   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation (Lincoln, NE) in December 2013.

Interview

Small room with two managers interviewing. Basic situational style interview. They first ask you if you are nervous and uncomfortable yet, if not they wait, then moving into actual questions, they ask about you tell me about yourself. I do know other interviews are pretty much the same, people trying to hire on as managers I believed they are required to put together a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked for a big crappy company, did you overcome that? If so, how?   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Black Hills Corporation (Rapid City, SD) in March 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed up by a personel interview.

Interview Questions

• Professional knowledge about an industry to which I had no previous experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask about the expected hours required for the position. Do not accept an offer which requires repayment of relocation funds.