Black & Veatch Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Black & Veatch Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Klamath Falls, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at my college the day after the career fair. The person who interviewed me was very nice and seemed like he was interested in all of my answers to his questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with travel that may be up to 2 or 3 months at a time?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Black & Veatch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Fayetteville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

Started off with standard questions: GPA, Graduation Date, Willing to Relocate, etc.. Then moved in to STAR questions about different scenarios. It was a one on one interview that went very well. There were no technical questions involved in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a 5 hour interview process with half an hour each individual interviews with the last one over lunch. The interviewers were 2-3 years experienced into the company with only one being really senior

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you had to put in extra efforts   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in August 2014.

Interview

Casual interview environment. They invited me to come to the world headquarters to meet with the lead electrical engineer for power delivery. He asked about my past experience in the industry and relevant coursework.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, KS) in May 2014.

Interview

Process is not very tough or intense, it is more about knowing the candidates and his values, and a little bit of technical questions. The process is more based on moral values, where ethics of a person are questioned through specific what if situations. There usually is panel of people who will take your interview one at a time, each one asking different questions about you. They usually keep a person from a particular team in that panel. usually you end up in that team. It is just to check whether you will be compatible with that team.

Interview Questions

• Explain breaker and a half scheme for protection   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Columbia, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of an online call with the senior electrical engineer in the office as well as a mentoring engineer. Once that process was finished, an in-person meeting was arranged with the senior electrical engineer in order to visit the site and see the office environment.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had with drafting software such as AutoCAD   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

One day interview, with five different people, 30 mins each , each focused on information based on the submitted resume. Formal talk, no pressue,

Negotiation

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch in April 2011.

Interview

I saw a post on linkedin then we interchanged emails until I got a conference call that lasted about an hour basically discussing my experience. After that I found out that they needed someone with more experience.