Black & Veatch Engineering Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Before the interview, I had to complete a drawing exam to test my CAD skills. I passed this which led to my in-person interview. For that, I met with an employee in a conference room while the Kansas office was conference-called in for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where would I like to see myself in the company in 5 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Black & Veatch

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Olathe, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

Through our engineering program's connection with Black & Veatch, some 30 students' applications were taken and considered. 5 students were called back for an interview after about 3 weeks. These interviews took place, and another 2-3 weeks, 2 of us received offers. The majority of the process was handled via interface with our program advisor.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with computer-aided drafting (CAD) software such as AutoCAD, Inventor, and SolidWorks.   Answer Question
    • What words would your friends use to describe you? Your teachers?   Answer Question
    • Describe what you see as your greatest strength. Your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your engineering coursework. Which class has been your favorite, and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

It started off with a half hour phone interview. It was thorough and informative. They answered any questions I had. Then was the face to face interview. This was roughly four hours long. Meeting with many people throughout the time there. I was then given a verbal offer a week later

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in November 2010.

Interview

Multiple one on one interviews with various employees, lunch with one of the employees, and ending with a meeting with HR about benefits.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

First job, so I didn't negotiate, I just took the offer.

Engineering Technician Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch in March 2009.

Interview

1/2 day interview with 5 different employees and then lunch

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, salary and time off