Black & Veatch Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.4

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Went to career fair. Applied with req number. Got a call 2 months later. Interviewed with one individual in conference room, then over the phone with two others. Conversations were easy going.

Interview Questions

• Why I should stand out over the others they were considering   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did no negotiating as a potential intern.

Other Interview Reviews for Black & Veatch

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with recruiters at my university's career fair. Next was an hour long on-campus interview. Then I received an email for an in-person interview at their headquarters 3 weeks later (three 30 minute interviews, back-to-back. One interview was with a department head.)

Interview Questions

• Have you faced any conflicts at work?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between 1st world and 3rd world countries?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What other companies are you interviewing with?   1 Answer
    • Have you had experience working with teams?   1 Answer
    • What’s your favorite class?   Answer Question
    • What are you interested in working with ________?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Klamath Falls, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

After an initial interview, I was told to expect a response about either a second interview or rejection in two weeks. Ten weeks later, I received a generic email saying they would continue their search.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions on relocation, situational questions on group work, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

Applied on campus career fair and got an interview the same day. The interview had no technical questions, it was all behavioral questions. There were two engineers interviewing, so it was a little intimidating, but manageable. During the interview both engineers were filling out some evaluation sheet, making comments on how I answered their questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had 2 projects that were due within similar time frames and how you managed them.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you and another person or group had conflicting ideas and how did you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions. There were a few technical questions, but only after I had shown knowledge of whatever topic was being talked about. I had 6 thirty minute interviews back to back. It seems like a long process, but the professionals were all very down to earth and seemed genuinely interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Of your previous internship and class experience, what was your favorite project to work on?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

campus interview . got a call at the campus fair itself. went to campus fair . discussed my resume and then he asked me if i was free for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screen where I talked to the recruiter. He asked me general questions about my resume, my course work, and my career goals. He asked me why I wanted to work at the company. Later, after that interview, I told him I had a deadline on another offer. He had the department head call me quickly to rush the next interview stage. I talked to the department head about my interests and what he does in his role. I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Black and Veatch?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2013.

Interview

I had four rounds of interviews. All of them were non technical which was the most surprising thing since I had applied for the position of an electrical engineer internship. People were very nice, but it was a standard interview with the standard questions. Confident answers are good. I was asked to drive in for the day. All my interviewers were technical people, I did not have any HR interviews. The last two interviewers seemed to be very young, it must have been a learning experience for them

Interview Questions

• Every question was very standard and that was the expected part.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in January 2013.

Interview

I got the interview through a recruiter. Then, I applied online. Two months later, I received a plane tickets to attend the interview in B&V headquarter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

Did phone interview, ask about schooloing and interests

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were told no and how you were able to accomplish the task   Answer Question