Black & Veatch Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, KS) in October 2017.

Interview

I met with them a couple times at an info-session and the STEM fair on our campus. They asked me for an interview the next day. I received an email about a week later saying they were still reviewing all of the candidates with the hiring managers. A couple days after that, there was an email with an invite to the on site interview, which was 5 interviews in a row; each about 30 minutes a piece. Very relaxed and very simple.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were team and communication based.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Black & Veatch

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online before talking to the B&V reps at my university career fair in September. They called me later that night for a next day interview. I have not yet heard back from the company, though they said it would take 2-3 weeks to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to solve a problem quickly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Klamath Falls, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

After an initial interview, I was told to expect a response about either a second interview or rejection in two weeks. Ten weeks later, I received a generic email saying they would continue their search.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions on relocation, situational questions on group work, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

Applied on campus career fair and got an interview the same day. The interview had no technical questions, it was all behavioral questions. There were two engineers interviewing, so it was a little intimidating, but manageable. During the interview both engineers were filling out some evaluation sheet, making comments on how I answered their questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had 2 projects that were due within similar time frames and how you managed them.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you and another person or group had conflicting ideas and how did you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

campus interview . got a call at the campus fair itself. went to campus fair . discussed my resume and then he asked me if i was free for an interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2013.

Interview

I had four rounds of interviews. All of them were non technical which was the most surprising thing since I had applied for the position of an electrical engineer internship. People were very nice, but it was a standard interview with the standard questions. Confident answers are good. I was asked to drive in for the day. All my interviewers were technical people, I did not have any HR interviews. The last two interviewers seemed to be very young, it must have been a learning experience for them

Interview Questions

• Every question was very standard and that was the expected part.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in January 2013.

Interview

I got the interview through a recruiter. Then, I applied online. Two months later, I received a plane tickets to attend the interview in B&V headquarter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

Did phone interview, ask about schooloing and interests

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were told no and how you were able to accomplish the task   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

1:1 interview. Behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

Students were selected for interview through written test. Test comprised of general aptitude questions and English. Shortlisted people were directly invited for the interview at their office.
    There were 2 interviews, a technical round followed by interview by the HR. Questions were more or less general and technical round consisted of some very basic technical questions