Black & Veatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.6

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews, the second was almost 5 hrs long. After a week they sent an email saying you are being considered for this position and later that week they just send an email saying you are rejected without any proper reason.

After a 5 hr long interview, and after waiting for almost 20days they just say " unfortunately we couldn't proceed further with the offer" without any reason why. And when asked for a reason they just don't respond....

Please respect ones time and all the patience.

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Houghton, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I got this interview opportunity from school career fair and scheduled the face to face interview next day. The questions were straightforward, and the interviewer successfully created a warm and friendly atmosphere so that I felt relaxed throughout the interview. All in all, awesome experience. Unfortunately I don't get the job because of immigration status.

Interview Questions

• In general, questions about leadership and the integrity were questioned frequently.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Klamath Falls, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at my college the day after the career fair. The person who interviewed me was very nice and seemed like he was interested in all of my answers to his questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with travel that may be up to 2 or 3 months at a time?   1 Answer

Civil Engineer I Interview

Interview

I interviewed with 5 different people, each for about 30 minutes. A project manager, 3 engineers, and a director. They were all very friendly and laid back. I was told about the company and what the responsibilities of the position were. No questions out of the ordinary, mostly about my experience.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to representatives at Job Fair. Got a call to an interview the next day. Showed up for the interview, discussed the job requirements, usual responsibilities assigned, company presence. Discussed the various parts of my resume. Was asked a few behavioral questions mostly aiming at previous teamwork and leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you had an issue with a coworker/colleague and how did you work through it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very awkward and unsure of himself. Made little eye contact. Didn't inquire further about any answers I gave to him and seemed uncomfortable with the process. Had to ask me to repeat myself many times because he was so focused on copying down my responses verbatim. Overall made it difficult to get into detail because of his behavior.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Fayetteville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

Started off with standard questions: GPA, Graduation Date, Willing to Relocate, etc.. Then moved in to STAR questions about different scenarios. It was a one on one interview that went very well. There were no technical questions involved in the interview.

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

I applied through the University Career fair. The recruiter called the next day to schedule an interview. After the interview, I was told to expect a response in about a week or two about the second interview or a rejection. It has been more than two weeks and I am yet to receive a response for the follow up email.

Site Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called and did an initial screening. Was then called and had a 1:1 phone interview. Was then called and asked in for a face to face interview with a panel. Got the feeling this step was to gather a since of my personality and to see if I would fit in the culture of the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Klamath Falls, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

After an initial interview, I was told to expect a response about either a second interview or rejection in two weeks. Ten weeks later, I received a generic email saying they would continue their search.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions on relocation, situational questions on group work, etc.   Answer Question