Black & Veatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Went to career fair. Applied with req number. Got a call 2 months later. Interviewed with one individual in conference room, then over the phone with two others. Conversations were easy going.

Interview Questions

• Why I should stand out over the others they were considering   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did no negotiating as a potential intern.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews, the second was almost 5 hrs long. After a week they sent an email saying you are being considered for this position and later that week they just send an email saying you are rejected without any proper reason.

After a 5 hr long interview, and after waiting for almost 20days they just say " unfortunately we couldn't proceed further with the offer" without any reason why. And when asked for a reason they just don't respond....

Please respect ones time and all the patience.

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Houghton, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I got this interview opportunity from school career fair and scheduled the face to face interview next day. The questions were straightforward, and the interviewer successfully created a warm and friendly atmosphere so that I felt relaxed throughout the interview. All in all, awesome experience. Unfortunately I don't get the job because of immigration status.

Interview Questions

• In general, questions about leadership and the integrity were questioned frequently.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with recruiters at my university's career fair. Next was an hour long on-campus interview. Then I received an email for an in-person interview at their headquarters 3 weeks later (three 30 minute interviews, back-to-back. One interview was with a department head.)

Interview Questions

• Have you faced any conflicts at work?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between 1st world and 3rd world countries?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What other companies are you interviewing with?   1 Answer
    • Have you had experience working with teams?   1 Answer
    • What’s your favorite class?   Answer Question
    • What are you interested in working with ________?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Klamath Falls, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at my college the day after the career fair. The person who interviewed me was very nice and seemed like he was interested in all of my answers to his questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with travel that may be up to 2 or 3 months at a time?   1 Answer

Civil Engineer I Interview

Interview

I interviewed with 5 different people, each for about 30 minutes. A project manager, 3 engineers, and a director. They were all very friendly and laid back. I was told about the company and what the responsibilities of the position were. No questions out of the ordinary, mostly about my experience.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to representatives at Job Fair. Got a call to an interview the next day. Showed up for the interview, discussed the job requirements, usual responsibilities assigned, company presence. Discussed the various parts of my resume. Was asked a few behavioral questions mostly aiming at previous teamwork and leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you had an issue with a coworker/colleague and how did you work through it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very awkward and unsure of himself. Made little eye contact. Didn't inquire further about any answers I gave to him and seemed uncomfortable with the process. Had to ask me to repeat myself many times because he was so focused on copying down my responses verbatim. Overall made it difficult to get into detail because of his behavior.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Fayetteville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

Started off with standard questions: GPA, Graduation Date, Willing to Relocate, etc.. Then moved in to STAR questions about different scenarios. It was a one on one interview that went very well. There were no technical questions involved in the interview.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

Based on the recent interview process, I would never consider working for the company. Very unprofessional from the initial Recruiter phone interview to the HR Business Partners who did the face to face interview. They appeared to be very stressed and annoyed that they had to take the time to speak to me. The only nice part of the interview was meeting the Managers that this position would support. They at least had the grace and professionalism to listen to the response to your answer.