Black & Veatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

159 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Civil/Environmental Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (San Marcos, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a short interview at a college career fair then was asked to come in for an interview at their office. The office interview consisted of meeting employees from varying places in their career and discussing their experience at B&V and what my goals were.

Interview Questions

• No real interview questions. Just discussed goals and talked about their company structure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, KS) in October 2017.

Interview

I met with them a couple times at an info-session and the STEM fair on our campus. They asked me for an interview the next day. I received an email about a week later saying they were still reviewing all of the candidates with the hiring managers. A couple days after that, there was an email with an invite to the on site interview, which was 5 interviews in a row; each about 30 minutes a piece. Very relaxed and very simple.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were team and communication based.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2017.

Interview

Two Step Interview Process. Heard back after a week of my first interview to come back to the second. After the second interview they called me in a week and offered the job with two weeks to decide.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in September 2017.

Interview

RUN! I can accept that statistically we all get turned down for more jobs than we get interviews and offers. I can even appreciate that sometimes things dont go beyond a phone screen. But when the experience is so amateur and unprofessional then you learn it's just not a place you'd ever want to work. So, phone screen #1 the recruiter states he mixed up time zones. Recheduled, phone screen #2 no call no show recruiter again. Excuse: I lost my phone over the weekend. So you're not given a phone at your desk? Rescheduled, phone screen #3 no call no show, no response. I email asking to be handed to another recruiter since he clearly has something happening in his personal life that's causing this behavior. We connect, he apologizes, we talk about multiple HR spots, he states there are internal moves, he'll know the net the following week, we connect again, and he says he'll put my resume in for two of the open spots. Then the tumbleweeds start rolling by. I follow up. He states he'll send me an invitation for a phone screen with the two Ops heads the role would support. Tumbleweeds. Then two weeks later the canned autoresponse, "thanks but no thanks" comes. Just run. There is no integrity to this company or their recruitment procedures. If I was not qualified then I understand. If I am, and I'm vetted by the recruiter and then he takes this very misleading and deceptive course then to be quite honest, thank God I didn't get the job.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

Two separate interviews, pretty standard. Not too much to say about it aside from speaking with several peopled from various levels, it reflected the company structure and it was obvious to tell the different levels and responsibilities within the company.

Interview Questions

• Normal stuff- strengths/weaknesses & talked about experience   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online before talking to the B&V reps at my university career fair in September. They called me later that night for a next day interview. I have not yet heard back from the company, though they said it would take 2-3 weeks to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to solve a problem quickly.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (College Station, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I went to the career fair offered at my university and received a request for a next day on-site interview. I went in next day with a reception of behavioral/situational questions. About a week and a half later, I received an email for a second interview which lasted about a few hours. I was interviewed by 3 lead engineers, individually, in their respective offices with few questions about the work I would be doing and more emphasis if I would like to the work.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe yourself to me.
      2. Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation in a group project and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Project Support Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

I first interviewed through a temp agency then interviewed onsite. Interviewer very stern didn't know whether interview went well afterwards or not. She had not facial expressions just blank look.

Interview Questions

• What are your thought working in a diverse environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Went to career fair. Applied with req number. Got a call 2 months later. Interviewed with one individual in conference room, then over the phone with two others. Conversations were easy going.

Interview Questions

• Why I should stand out over the others they were considering   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did no negotiating as a potential intern.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews, the second was almost 5 hrs long. After a week they sent an email saying you are being considered for this position and later that week they just send an email saying you are rejected without any proper reason.

After a 5 hr long interview, and after waiting for almost 20days they just say " unfortunately we couldn't proceed further with the offer" without any reason why. And when asked for a reason they just don't respond....

Please respect ones time and all the patience.