Black & Veatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.7

Administrative Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oregon, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Oregon, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Had to do some paperwork online and take an off site drug test before the interview. Then I went onsite and interviewed with my manager, the project manager, and the safety manager. I was nervous at first but they were all really down to earth and didn't ask the typical interview questions.

Site Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called and did an initial screening. Was then called and had a 1:1 phone interview. Was then called and asked in for a face to face interview with a panel. Got the feeling this step was to gather a since of my personality and to see if I would fit in the culture of the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Klamath Falls, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

After an initial interview, I was told to expect a response about either a second interview or rejection in two weeks. Ten weeks later, I received a generic email saying they would continue their search.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions on relocation, situational questions on group work, etc.   Answer Question

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Very personable, expressed interest in professional career past and forward. I felt very relaxed and valued. In person interview, again, great guy, easy to speak to and felt accepted and valued.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

First encounter was at University Career Fair involving a brief discussion of resume. Next day interview after career fair with typical STAR questions. Final onsite interview about a week later which was much more rigorous. Four back to back interviews followed by a lunch interview, it was a very strenuous day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you are learning in your coursework and how does this apply in the real world.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

The whole process moved very quickly the phone interview and in-person were fairly standard. When things went south was when the recruiter said they would be in touch and never called me back this happens all the time I moved on and accepted I did not get the job. But after all this, the recruiter then contacts me and schedules a followed up phone call and then never calls me. This overall process was fine until the very end that has left a very poor taste in my mouth I still love what this company does, but this experience was something you don't soon forget.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard questions asked about why I applied for the position.   Answer Question

Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

I had worked for this particular manager 2 previous times, on different projects, so he was familiar with my work ethic and that I was a good fit for this job. He explained a little about what the job duties entailed and we both agreed I would start when I gave my current employer 2 weeks notice. The interview went well.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was familiar with placement of fiber optic cables...which I was. They also asked if I was willing to work over-time, which I also answered affirmatively.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

Live webcam interview, but had to conference call in the be able to hear each other. I could tell that there were other people sitting behind the camera listening in to the interview as well

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when something didn't go as planned and how you, as a leader, handled the situation.   Answer Question

Instrumentation & Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Houghton, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Met at the College career fair (Michigan Tech). They called up for interview next day. Half hour slots. Interview was pretty basic. Behavioral questions all the way (Don't you just hate em?). The guy who was interviewing was a recent alumni so I was pretty relaxed. He made it clear that it's just the screening process. If passed, I will have to go to Ann arbor for the HR + Technical Interview, and that they will be letting us know in Two weeks time whether or not we made it or not.

Three weeks have passed, Nothing.

Black & Veatch is a huge company. They come to EVERY career fair at our campus. Whats the point of making the effort, interviewing so many people, yet not going forward with it. Just wondering.

Interview Questions

• Do you currently have an offer from some other company?   1 Answer

Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a job fair. I explained my intentions for my job search, and he explained to me that my intentions as an Electrical Engineer in the construction industry are valid. After a few minutes, he asked me about an interview, and I accepted. The interview was the following morning. It wasn't too tough an interview -- he asked pretty normal questions for an internship interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe one experience where you had to practice time management.   Answer Question