Black & Veatch Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

Black & Veatch Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very awkward and unsure of himself. Made little eye contact. Didn't inquire further about any answers I gave to him and seemed uncomfortable with the process. Had to ask me to repeat myself many times because he was so focused on copying down my responses verbatim. Overall made it difficult to get into detail because of his behavior.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

First encounter was at University Career Fair involving a brief discussion of resume. Next day interview after career fair with typical STAR questions. Final onsite interview about a week later which was much more rigorous. Four back to back interviews followed by a lunch interview, it was a very strenuous day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you are learning in your coursework and how does this apply in the real world.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a 5 hour interview process with half an hour each individual interviews with the last one over lunch. The interviewers were 2-3 years experienced into the company with only one being really senior

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you had to put in extra efforts   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly short, it was a phone interview and I'm almost positive the position was already filled. This being said, I could pretty much tell he was just filling the time slot. All in all, I will be applying at this next career fair and be more prepared to land the spot!

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

All virtual via interview app, all questions were loaded onto a prescreening application and had 60 second to review question then 60 seconds to answer. You could not go back and re-record.

Interview Questions

• Describe your role now and how it would apply to the positions you are interviewing for now.   1 Answer

Not enough money

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions. There were a few technical questions, but only after I had shown knowledge of whatever topic was being talked about. I had 6 thirty minute interviews back to back. It seems like a long process, but the professionals were all very down to earth and seemed genuinely interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Of your previous internship and class experience, what was your favorite project to work on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

Did phone interview, ask about schooloing and interests

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were told no and how you were able to accomplish the task   Answer Question

Vice President Director of Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

Very pleasant experience. Company is very professional and polished. Exposure to office and community was well balanced and delightful. Very much a career building experience. Great company with very fair questions to assure a fit into their professional culture. Be yourself and do not try to read the answers or you will fail. If you fit, you both will know it. That is the way it should be.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest failure. Tell me what happened and what you learned from it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

1:1 interview. Behavioral questions.

Water Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

They reimbursed me for travel to Kansas City, put me up in a nice hotel right on the plaza. They chartered us to the interview site the next day where we had panel interviews as well as a few interviews with 1 or 2 professionals. We were then given a group project that we worked with our groups on that night. The next day we gave a 30 minute presentation on our project.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't any difficult question that got me, the project is quite challenging and really brings out the real engineer in you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, interns have a set pay.