Black & Veatch Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

2.7

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with recruiters at my university's career fair. Next was an hour long on-campus interview. Then I received an email for an in-person interview at their headquarters 3 weeks later (three 30 minute interviews, back-to-back. One interview was with a department head.)

Interview Questions

• Have you faced any conflicts at work?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between 1st world and 3rd world countries?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What other companies are you interviewing with?   1 Answer
    • Have you had experience working with teams?   1 Answer
    • What’s your favorite class?   Answer Question
    • What are you interested in working with ________?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very awkward and unsure of himself. Made little eye contact. Didn't inquire further about any answers I gave to him and seemed uncomfortable with the process. Had to ask me to repeat myself many times because he was so focused on copying down my responses verbatim. Overall made it difficult to get into detail because of his behavior.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

Based on the recent interview process, I would never consider working for the company. Very unprofessional from the initial Recruiter phone interview to the HR Business Partners who did the face to face interview. They appeared to be very stressed and annoyed that they had to take the time to speak to me. The only nice part of the interview was meeting the Managers that this position would support. They at least had the grace and professionalism to listen to the response to your answer.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

My process was unique as I interviewed from afar, completely over the phone. My (now) supervisor was very helpful setting up conversations with every member of my team so that I could ask any questions I might have.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my roles and responsibilities at the job I was in at the time.   Answer Question

Construction Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

They make sure to screen for the best, so only the best come through their screenings. They will want experience or a great reference. If the experience is not their then they ask for a high GPA. After that, you must be able to answer questions thoroughly on the fly. In what ever the application is, be sure you are an expert and bring to the table something that interests them. I gauged my audience and changed up what I was previously going to say. Be prepared I was interviewed in front of a panel and was prepared for such.

Interview Questions

• Why shouldn't they hire you   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

First interview on the phone with recruiter. The recruiter spent 10 minutes asking me about my experience and the next 50 minutes providing information about B &V. Second interview was one hour, on the phone with hiring manager. Remaining interviews in person, multiple one half hour interviews including a final one half hour interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Primary focus on my experience - heavy emphasis on behavior interviewing - "Tell me about a time when. . . "   1 Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Olathe, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

Through our engineering program's connection with Black & Veatch, some 30 students' applications were taken and considered. 5 students were called back for an interview after about 3 weeks. These interviews took place, and another 2-3 weeks, 2 of us received offers. The majority of the process was handled via interface with our program advisor.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with computer-aided drafting (CAD) software such as AutoCAD, Inventor, and SolidWorks.   Answer Question
    • What words would your friends use to describe you? Your teachers?   Answer Question
    • Describe what you see as your greatest strength. Your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your engineering coursework. Which class has been your favorite, and why?   Answer Question

Site Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called and did an initial screening. Was then called and had a 1:1 phone interview. Was then called and asked in for a face to face interview with a panel. Got the feeling this step was to gather a since of my personality and to see if I would fit in the culture of the company.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

First encounter was at University Career Fair involving a brief discussion of resume. Next day interview after career fair with typical STAR questions. Final onsite interview about a week later which was much more rigorous. Four back to back interviews followed by a lunch interview, it was a very strenuous day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you are learning in your coursework and how does this apply in the real world.   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

Consisted of two managers asking multiple questions. The managers each had a different interest in what this role would produce, therefore had differing questions. Some parts of the interview were somewhat uncomfortable as the two managers had multiple side conversations not specific to the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• How would you address a data feed error between two competing applications?   Answer Question