Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

I limited the interviewing process myself to one interview, as I my current employer had hit a rough patch and I wanted to get the process started, in case I needed to find another. I only chose to pursue B&V as I have a trusted former colleague who works there. His ethics and outlook are on par with mine, and he is very happy with them. I made my situation clear to the folks at B&V and they accommodated me fairly. We maintained a relationship for about 6 months, the period of time required for me to determine that my current employer had been able to right our ship. I was treated with a great deal of courtesy through monthly phone calls over that period. They are looking for engineers with experience in the renewable energy field, and I feel strongly that had I become available, they would have brought me aboard, and that I would have found them to be a very pleasant and effective group of people to work with. From the extensive discussions that I've had with my former colleague, and from the work that the B&V renewables organization has done for my current employer and for other companies with which I've worked, this organization does quality work and lots of it. It would be a very dynamic and satisfying group to work with.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer