BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 7, 2017

Security Networking Developer Coop Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Questions were pretty straight forward. Have a solid understanding of OS concepts and understand how to debug certain situations. Look into what happens when you malloc memory. Look into regular expressions. What's the pattern to read a mac address. They asked some questions about previous work experience and some of the courses being taken at school.

Interview Questions

• How do you fix a bus error.   1 Answer

Applications Software Developor - Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was over interviewed by 2 employees. They Went over my resume, asked about previous experience and asked a few technical questions. Then asked me i have any questions.There was one programming question at the end before the Manager came in and asked a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• -Difference between process and thread
      -Difference between python and c++
      -Difference between private and protected

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through online. Got a call within a week and a phone interview was step up for 30 minutes, which was pretty much easy. Then an hour face to face interview was scheduled which is pretty much similar to the questions asked in the phone interview. Should have cleared it. But got an rejection in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Basic iOS and Android questions related to life cycles of mobile environment, threads, services etc.   Answer Question

Software Developer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Talk about something in interviewer's team, such as what they are doing and what I will be assigned if I got offer. And then interviewer asked some basic C language questions and my project experience.

Applications Development Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through school and through a website, and within a week I got a reply that I've been chosen to take part in a phone interview. When Phone interview happened, it was with two people, a Sr. Manager that asked all the general and behavioral questions and a Sr. Applications Developer that asked two technical questions. Overall experience was great, they had a great attitude and made me engage the interview more.

Interview Questions

• What language would you use to dynamically update content on a webpage?   1 Answer

Systems Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and first had a phone screening with the dev manager where he asked me some basic questions about my resume and current position and why I was looking for a change. He described what their team did and what the role would cover.
    Next, I was invited to in person interview where I was interviewed by 2 engineers - the dev manager and another developer. They asked me some security related questions a few of which I didn't know the answers for. The coding questions were easy. But, they were focusing more on the security aspect of the algorithms and not general problem solving skills.
    I guess even if my programming was good I didn't make the cut because of my lack of security knowledge.

Interview Questions

• They gave a piece of code and asked to make one of the functions more secure.   Answer Question

Web-Developer(Co-op) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview with the sItenior developer of the web development team. I was told that I will get a call from him around 4 PM by the HR. But, at the day of interview he forgot to call me. I had to call back to the HR telling I was waiting for the call. So, get I the call after 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Which development frameworks have you used?
      Tell me about a technical difficulty that you had and how you solved it?

Infrastructure Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewer first asked me some things about my background including my projects and internships. After that she asked me many questions about different areas according to the job requirements. The interviewer will keep asking you questions until you can't answer it. So it is a bit harsh.

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Took about a total of 3 weeks from the date of application to the answer (rejection). First up was the phone interview with the department for about 30mins. Then got invited in a couple of week for the on-campus interview at Waterloo HQ a panel interview with the rest of the team

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview was easy, interviewer talked mostly about the work the department does and what role the student for this position will be playing. Asked me about the work experience i have.

2nd Round of interview was tough. Questions asked included
      1) tell me about yourself
      2) what experience you have in terms of security
      3) what have you done on your own in regards with furthering your knowledge/experience in security
      4) what is your biggest success in the past 10 years
      5) what is your biggest regret in the past 10 years
      6) where do you see yourself in the next 10 years
      7) how do you handle pressure or multi-task successfully
      1 Answer

SAP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very detail about yourself and experience also lot of personal questions and difficult situations. I had to explain detail description of the job i do and give examples of accomplishments. I also had to explain in detail what i do for each function and how I would basically do each steps.

Interview Questions

• 1) What are you ob functions
      2) what do you know about the company
      3) Your strengths
      3) You weakness
      4) What are your benefits that you bring with you that can help the company.