BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.9

347 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

It was an easy process with one phone interview and offer. The interview was straight with Manager and that included some behaviour questions and common hr questions and technical questions as well.

Interview Questions

• The interview was basic programming questions and some logical coding questions which you can understand and answer over phone   Answer Question

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and then got a phone interview within a couple of days. This was followed by an in person interview with a panel of four. All the interviewers were professional, respectful and kind. It was an overall very good experience. I was offered the job with very good conditions and benefits which I accepted.

Security Networking Developer Coop Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Questions were pretty straight forward. Have a solid understanding of OS concepts and understand how to debug certain situations. Look into what happens when you malloc memory. Look into regular expressions. What's the pattern to read a mac address. They asked some questions about previous work experience and some of the courses being taken at school.

Interview Questions

• How do you fix a bus error.   1 Answer

Human Resources Services Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

- panel interview
    - each interviewer asked approx. 3 questions
    - mostly behavioral
    - although the position was for HR, interview was business structured
    - not as many HR related questions as I would have hoped
    - lasted almost an hour

Interview Questions

• What would your friends and family say about you if we asked?   Answer Question

Reporting Automation Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

We had a really happy talk with job position and our common hobbies. I talked about my previous work experience with the manager. He walked me through the work details about this position. I really like the manager there, since he is a very honest man answer me several questions such like how they value my future work result there. Then we finished.

Backline Technical Analyst Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through college website; got the call for a face to face interview. Interview as at Waterloo, ON. WIthin 7 days, got call from HR that i have been selected and whether i wish to accept their offer.

Interview Questions

• Interview was with the department head and another senior memeber. They were friendly and started the conversation light. Some behavioral questions and chit chat. Then some technical questions like basic SQL query to create a DB, give a join statement; one HTML question of adding a link to a line. Asked if i knew Powershell.   Answer Question

Applications Software Developor - Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was over interviewed by 2 employees. They Went over my resume, asked about previous experience and asked a few technical questions. Then asked me i have any questions.There was one programming question at the end before the Manager came in and asked a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• -Difference between process and thread
      -Difference between python and c++
      -Difference between private and protected   Answer Question

Finance Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was an easy interview. They asked basic questions like tell about yourself your ,sideprojects, ability to work in a team , toughest challenge faced , how did u overcome that.
    Just remember to be cool and calm.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Two phone interview for internship. Well structured and quite technical. Started off by asking about my previous work experience, programming knowledge, relevant courses and then went into the technical aspect. Coding questions. Asked to provide pseudo code over the phone, many algorithmic and conceptual questions regarding Object oriented programming and data structures. Some questions about pointers and memory allocations

Interview Questions

• Difference between Lists and Arrays.
      MergeSort and Quicksort
      Reverse a list   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Good process in place. 3-4 rounds in tech and a behavioral one. I have written the best I can here still a 50 word limit is attrocious on Glassdoor's part so consider this a filler for entertainment.